Anybody else supporting Ron Paul for President '08?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by ultimaonliner, Oct 16, 2007.

1. gnome

gnome

True, but ain't NOTHIN' ending well anywhere around here.

#31     Oct 16, 2007
  2. one of the most important moments in history...when Bush won over Gore in 2000...why?...do not want to even think about what the world would have been like with Gore in office on 9/12/01...got my drift....we needed Bush in office with BACKBONE!!!!

#32     Oct 16, 2007
  3. Or perhaps from the next star system?

#33     Oct 16, 2007
  4. I'm with you...from many Americans!

#34     Oct 16, 2007
  5. Lippy

Lippy

i cant believe people still like bush, i am Canadian and find it sad that bush can be voted in twice and that there is no chance that ron paul can win. I trade US markets and than change my cash to Canadian and that was nice, but it is sad what the current admin and fed have done to the dollar. This self destruction is going to hurt Canada in the long run because we trade so much with the US, so i wish Ron Paul would have a chance because he actually has more than half a brain (and im not saying Harper has half a brain, but there isn't anyone good up here.)
    I don't understand why people are so blind that they can defend bush and never vote for a good leader

#35     Oct 16, 2007
  6. gnome

gnome

We Americans are soooo politically naive. We always vote for the guy who lies the most and promises us the most "Gummint cheese". We buy into the con. The Gummint cons us, and we never do anything about it.

One political party is as bad as the other, and as a people we never seem to get it.

If we're really that stupid (and I guess we are), should we be voting at all?

#36     Oct 16, 2007
  7. maxpi

maxpi

A depression will make US voters want the tender mercies of Hillary care...

#37     Oct 16, 2007
  8. Why, just because he raised the national debt more than any other president in history? Because he capitalized on a horrific act of terror on US soil to his advantage, getting away with just about anything he wants to for "patriotic" reasons? Because he has no idea what is going on in Iraq and doesn't listen to his own military experts? Because he polarized the US more than any other president in modern history, let alone turning off most other nations? Because he holds back scientific advancement due to his own personal religious beliefs? Because he holds back health care for poor children and blatantly panders to corporate interests in just about every conceivable manner? Because he puts his incompetent friends in important positions of authority and then defends their incompetence? Because he knows so little and yet is so certain?

Come now, gnome, you're being a tad harsh. After all, GWB gets his guidance directly from the good Lord. George said so himself. Are you saying God is wrong?

#38     Oct 16, 2007
  9. Casey30

Casey30

Bush has lead us into two wars and 500 billion a year in added expenses. Gore or any other person would have responded to 9/11 as well as Bush had, probably better. Look at Giulianni. He was a total buffoon to everyone prior to 9-11 and look how he happened to turn out(I personally don't like him). The same goes for Bush, his ratings were very low pre 9/11.

I like Ron Paul, he is fiscally conservative, and socially liberterian. What more do you want from the President of the US. I want him not to spend all our money and to give us all the rights the constitution affords. It seems as though Ron Paul at this point is our only choice.

As for the primaries, he may indeed win. He actually has been doing great in many straw polls accross the country the past few months. Check his website out for his record in these REAL events.

#39     Oct 16, 2007
  10. maxpi

maxpi

The electoral college system was a way of reporting the votes. Bush would have won without it because his campaign was designed to win with the electoral college system, without it he would have spent money on campaigning in other places..

#40     Oct 16, 2007