Anybody else supporting Ron Paul for President '08?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by ultimaonliner, Oct 16, 2007.

1. gnome

gnome

Agree. But it doesn't really matter who else might win. It will be either "death by 1,000 cuts" or "death by 999 cuts" for the citizenry.

#21     Oct 16, 2007
  2. no way, I am voting for Mike Huckabee...we need to continue what Bush has started...8 years and we go for more!!! (serious post)..GW Bush was and is a great president!!!!!

#22     Oct 16, 2007
  3. gnome

gnome

Saturday Night Live skit?

#23     Oct 16, 2007
  4. no, very serious...remember, Bill Clinton was an unknown until the New Hampshire and Iowa events...we need this man in office!

#24     Oct 16, 2007
  5. gnome

gnome

Are you a non-American viewing us from across an ocean?

#25     Oct 16, 2007
  6. on the money

on the money Guest

For any of you who are still under the illusion that your vote is actually worth something and therefore continue to argue about who to vote for and who has or has no chance of winning, I STRONGLY suggest you learn about the American electoral system, and how it does not represent you, or the popular vote or even "joe citizen". Case in point, the Bush victory over Gore. I'm glad he won, but the truth is, it was a total travesty and a violation of every constitutional right promised to Americans. The "electoral college" system was set upo because the founding fathers of America thought that the Average citizen does not know enough to vote responsibly, and therefore created a "failsafe system" where the outcome of the election would NEVER actually be in the hands of the voter. If you think I am wrong, you are ignorant of the electoral system, and also of what occurred int he Bush-Gore election. In that election, GORE WON the popular vote, but because of the lectoral college system, Bush became president (fortunately).

#26     Oct 16, 2007
  7. #27     Oct 16, 2007
  8. great ending...(fortunately)...:) :p :D

#28     Oct 16, 2007
  9. gnome

gnome

At the time, I also thought it "fortunate". However, Bush has shown himself to be one of the worst presidents in history.

It's hard to imagine that Gore could have been any more of a spendthrift, more selfish, or more dishonest.

#29     Oct 16, 2007
  10. on the money

on the money Guest

yup, all's well that end's well :)

#30     Oct 16, 2007