Anybody else short US 30 Bond

Discussion in 'Financial Futures' started by richard_m, Dec 18, 2007.

1. Surdo

Surdo

Do you expect an "atta boy", when your position is now 4 handles against you?

#41     Jan 2, 2008
  2. In fact, bond prices may never be higher in 2008 than 2:00 or so today. Get out of longs while you can. Could be years before they get back to here.

#42     Jan 2, 2008
  3. What makes you say this? tech analysis, past experience, hunch, or inflation data?

#43     Jan 2, 2008
  4. I will only ask for an "atta boy" when my cycle trade is complete and profitable. What if the move against the position was only .005 of an account that trades bonds? Is that bad?

Do you promise to give me an atta boy if bond prices never get higher than this week? Otherwise, I will admit that I am an idiot and do not know what I am doing and you guys rule.

How about it?

#44     Jan 2, 2008
  5. what's your reasoning?

everyone is betting on a few more fed funds cuts of the fed. what about yield curve flattening?

if you're pumped up on hyperinflation and *true* dollar flight (the only thing enabling a gigantic bond selloff), just go long crude at 100. i'm sure someone's willing to sell it to you.

#45     Jan 2, 2008
  6. Oh yeah, I almost forgot. You should consider buying the dollar also it will cycle up until 2017

#46     Jan 2, 2008
  7. The key phrase in your comment is "everyone". So you think the Fed is going to keep cutting when real inflation is sky high. Are your groceries any cheaper? Maybe the coffee you are buying is a full pound. Or the bleach is a real gallon. My wife is paying 30-40% for both food and energy. Oh yeah, let's not count that.

Obviously I don't trade based on fundamentals.

#47     Jan 2, 2008
  8. Surdo

Surdo

or technicals for that matter!

#48     Jan 2, 2008
  9. Correct. Neither.

So are you chicken to take the challenge? It should be an easy one for you.

#49     Jan 2, 2008
  10. jasonjm

jasonjm

seriously, how long have you been trading for?

trading != being nostradamus

#50     Jan 2, 2008