anybody else hating this mkt?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by silk, Feb 2, 2012.

1. I completely agree. It all begins and ends, at least for me, with the ratcheted levels of CB intervention and all of the distortions it creates in not just financial markets, but the economy as a whole.

#21     Feb 6, 2012
  2. Nine_Ender

Nine_Ender

This is a good example of how someone can totally lose track of reality and base their opinions on popular myths pushed in the US media. China continues to grow significantly ever year now.
    There are fiscal issues, yes, but they are manageable and many corporations are excelling in this environment. Equities reflect all aspects, but the #1 aspect is always corporate earnings. I suppose you could invent some giant conspiracy theory on that too.

Standard of living in China started from a much lower base then US citizens might be comfortable with, but it is clearly improving and could never be declared "worse". I have also seen optimistic, believable reports about how well Brazil is doing.

If you were truly an investor, you'd be looking at forward P/Es and other measures of specific companies doing well. Buying AAPL for example has nothing to do with how many employees they hire in the US. Consider that statement, its central to why some speculators are confused right now.

#22     Feb 6, 2012
  3. If anyone hates this market, go long.

The sentiment feels just like a few months after the flash crash, when the Bernanke bull market was powering through all resistance, pegged on overbought.

:D

#23     Feb 6, 2012

4. Lol

#24     Feb 6, 2012
  5. lindq

lindq

The market has many moods.

One tests your fear. One tests your greed.

This one tests your PATIENCE. IMO, patience is the hardest test.

It sucks. But we've been here before.

So just think of it as a helpful, personal-growth exercise in being patient, and go with it.

#25     Feb 6, 2012
  6. Mvector

Mvector

I disagree - the lack of movement is the lack of equities sell program actions in a strong uptrending market. There will be no substantial pullback in indexes until we have a good run of equities sell programs in the cash session. Equities likes current price levels and they do not feel like they need to hit the til yet - once they do you will get your market oscillations back - just be patient.

#26     Feb 6, 2012
  7. suggest finding real work.

even fake work.

this is a waste of time.

[​IMG]

#27     Feb 6, 2012
  8. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

9. Mvector

Mvector

Go ahead find some real work. I have no problems with this market - there have been plenty of opportunities in 6E, CL, SI, GC, even indexes.

#29     Feb 6, 2012