anybody else hating this mkt?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by silk, Feb 2, 2012.

1. That's the same trade as just buying the indexes. When markets go up, tech usually outperforms. It's been that way forever. Throw up a chart with any weights you want it'll all basically point to that relationship.
    So thats basically a long the indexes play which is good for an investor, not a trader. And why bother taking both sides of that trade, just go long qqq. Nothing magical there in terms of opportunities.

#11     Feb 3, 2012
  2. bone

bone

Weighted, that spread doesn't look much like the QQQ's to me. And the spread moves and behaves much smoother as well.

[​IMG]

#12     Feb 3, 2012
  3. newwurldmn

newwurldmn

The market is the market. You can't hate it or love it.

Either you are engaged in it correctly or incorrectly, but the fault is with you, not the market.

#13     Feb 3, 2012
  4. bone

bone

You are wise, young Skywalker. The only 'constant' is that markets are constantly changing and evolving. Always have, in fact.

#14     Feb 3, 2012
  5. zdreg

zdreg

on yahoo finance, being less sophisticated, they blame short sellers.
    on ET, being somewhat more knowledgeable, they blame HFT.

bottom line is cry me a river.

#15     Feb 3, 2012

6. Sorry i don't see it. It's the inverse chart, the spread is graphed when the Q's r not trading after hours, and the range on the spread is not normalized to fit the screen like the Q's are. If u made those adjustments it would look pretty damn similar to me.

#16     Feb 3, 2012
  7. spread traders can never explain their strategy.

alpha, beta, delta, pi, iron maidens and black sabbath.

markets never change, they go up, down or sideways.
    always have, always will.......

if that changes, i will send out a notice.....
    don't hold your breath.

but when they roll 'em over and puke it out, you better be short.

s

#17     Feb 3, 2012
  8. bone

bone

Which tells me that the only spread strategy you might be aware of is a long first to second month inter-market calendar. In other words, you don't know the first thing about spread trading - especially intra-market strategies.

#18     Feb 3, 2012
  9. I don't hate the market I hate central banks for interviening in what is suppose to be the "Free Market" without the last LTRO and Fed Swap lines this market would have crashed and burned very quickly because of the underlying systemic problems however once again the system was proped up and pushed equities much higher, its unfortunate that the markets can not trade freely and is constantly the hand of Central Banks moving these markets. Lots of money has left the market and probably will not return because of more and more people realize that the Central Banks and interviening now more than ever to stave off deflation and keep asset prices afloat. The fact that there is realistically fear in the global market place and many investors have really no true direction as fundamentals and how the market is trading is confusing most investors. With Europe's issues far from over its will be just a matter of time before the US is in the spot light for there on going building of debt that will be unsustainable to encourage economic growth. Standard of livings are decreasing and have become worse for the majority of the world. Inflation of real goods causing economic instability because of currency debasement and intervention into free markets.

#19     Feb 6, 2012
  10. d08

d08

When there is someone giving something away, someone somewhere is gaining.
    The western world is faced with lower living standards, however Brazil India China and others have seen improvement.

#20     Feb 6, 2012