Anybody Else Hate Quote.com

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by Flashboy, Jun 18, 2003.

1. maxpi

maxpi

For sure. The thing is that so far management isn't doing much about it. The recent improvements to Qcharts were just short of spectacular IMO but the data has to be good before many people are going to sign up. There is some consolidation going on in the industry, maybe somebody with money and management will buy them out and fix things.

Max

#21     Jun 20, 2003
  2. jasrlew

jasrlew

Is Q-charts the charts that Lycos or Yahoo offers?

#22     Jun 20, 2003
  3. Lycos owns many companies or products...

Quote.com (QCharts, LiveCharts, QFeed and other stuff) is owned by Lycos.

Today (a little after 12noon est) I talked to their tech department.

They admitted they had some serious server issues (sterling farm) earlier this week.

However, they also said they weren't aware of any problems today nor the few weeks prior to this week.

Last week I also called and they said they were aware of server farm problems.

What I'm saying is this...depends on what time of the day you call and whom you talk to in the tech department...

some there knows what is going on and others obviously don't know what's going on.

When my contract with them is finish...I'm switching to someone else...most likely FutureSource.com

More expensive but more reliable.

Simply...missed profitable trade opportunities is just as bad as getting an actual trade loss.

I was trying to save a measley $100 per month but the missed opportunites are 10x that per month.

Not worth it anymore and the excuses or apologies no longer have merit.

NihabaAshi
    Former founder of two large QCharts user groups.

#23     Jun 20, 2003
  4. trader99

trader99

how come the futuresource.com website is down??

Can't get to it for the last few weeks...

#24     Jun 20, 2003
  5. traderbb

traderbb

Futuresource.com works for me ??

#25     Jun 20, 2003
  6. trader99,

I log into it about once a week and have not had any problems.

http://www.futuresource.com/

Yet...someone else mentioned last week the same thing that they couldn't access the website.

NihabaAshi

#26     Jun 20, 2003
  7. I have mixed feelings about QCharts. They have many data problems intra-day with alot of delays during fast markets. Seems the data just gets logjammed. For me, that problem is minor. On the upside, I like the fact that I can actually graph different options strikes. No other data service had this options. I could not get this with PC Quote or ESignal. This is a definite plus being able to see an options strike graph over a few weeks, months, etc...

Another positive for Qcharts is the ability to go back several years with futures data. Also, able to do that intra-day, which is a definite plus as well...

But again, I can understand the frustration because they have so many data delay issues that for some people this would be a real problem...

#27     Jun 20, 2003
  8. Their terrible. I lost over $1 million with them

#29     Jun 24, 2003
  9. kenokabe

kenokabe Guest

eSingal >>> Qchart

#30     Jun 24, 2003