Anybody doing Nootropics?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Eight, Jul 7, 2011.

1. Eight

Eight

I get these powdered tree leaves from Southeast Asia.. the stuff is called Kratom. I make tea out of the stuff twice a day with a dose being 2 grams... All I can say is wow! It lowers pain [it has chemistry very similar to Opium], it raises my energy level a bit [it has chemistry very similar to Cocaine] and sometimes I wake in the mornings feeling like I slept exceptionally well... and when I'm tired I'll sleep a lot lately too, I did 15 hours one night and 11 the next and just felt so rested up.. it's like I can listen to my body and follow what it's telling me and get all caught up on rest sometimes...

It's costing me about 1$/ day.. I buy it by the half kilo... the stuff is supposed to be mildly addicting and I'm sure it is but I don't want to find out just how bad withdrawals are quite yet...

A friend of mine has fibromyalgia and she gets Methadone, Methamphetamine and an SSRI from her doctor.. I tried 10mg of her Methadone and it kills pain for sure but I was staggering around like a drunk... that stuff is not all that great.. I took an extra large dose of the Kratom and I accidentally slammed my elbow into an immovable object and barely felt it. I don't think the Methadone is any better of an analgesic then the Kratom is but the Kratom doesn't affect my balance much at all...

I got so relaxed in the weeks that I've been using the Kratom that all my trading development work just sped up and got done... like it all became a lot easier or something.. I'm also taking 5grams of Piracetam a day and that is a brain stimulant par excellance and a Godsend if one needs the brain hemispheres to communicate. Thinking and Judging are left brain functions, Intuition and Feeling are right brain functions.. if a person has trouble integrating any of the cross brain functions then Piracetam is indicated. It won't do much for women typically but men don't have that cross brain functioning going very well, I highly recommend it for men...

I've been using other nootropics, some have dramatic effects but nothing is quite as dramatic as the Piracetam... Selegiline will raise your libido dramatically because it raises your HGH output but it takes a while to feel the effects... I was hoping that the higher HGH would promote healing of things like my Tennis Elbow but not really, I can build muscle like a teenager can but the connective tissue is maintained by the immune system, not the blood supply so much... there are some supplements for connective tissue that I've not tried yet but they are high on the priority list, if I could get my knees and tennis elbow to fix themselves I'd be 25 yo again, as it is my bp is 120/70 with resting rate of 57, the nurse said that's about normal for a 25yo but I'm closer to 70yo...

2. Lucias

Lucias

I've taken Piracetam. I found that it made me more aware of subtle right brain processing. It felt like it brightened my mood too, slightly. I only took it for a short time because the benefits were mild but positive.

The strongest nootropic that I've found is actually a supplement for muscle building. It is called Creatine. It decreases mental fatigue and increases memory and concentration. Side effects tend to be mild but include higher allergic reaction and also greater irritability. Creatine does help with flow. I can put more ideas together but it also because of that tends to make one more irritable to interruptions. The downside is that creatine quickly gets converted into creatinine which is a toxin. Extra water intake is required and kidney function should be normal. In rare cases, serious complications have resulted due to improper fluid intake. It is best to cycle it. It will also help with muscle strength especially when combined with an weight resistance program.

It is possible to conjecture that any extra cell energy might increase the possibility of existing cancerous cells to develop. This is purely my conjecture and all studies have shown it is completely safe. However, at your age eating an anti-angiogenic diet would be recommended, see angiogenesis foundation for more but mostly fruits and vegetables.

One nootropic that works pretty well, also, is to take blue berries (and/or carrots). Eating 1 cup of blue berries per day especially with carrot juice will help with eye fatigue and night vision. Cheapest is to buy the berries frozen. The large bags at wal-mart are the highest quality for eating. They also have a higher ORAC when frozen too.

3. Eight

Eight

Sugar seems to be what fuels cancer, I've limited intake and am trying to learn to pass up desserts 100% of the time... also being obese produces some substance that is a cancer-causing thing... it's risky, the cancer thing, I don't believe that the doctors or the naturopath community has a sure fire answer for it, I've seen people die on both paths...

The piracetam made me very tired until I took Choline Bitartrate and Lecithin with it, then everything settled into a nice routine..

Creatine goes well with exercise for sure...