Anybody able to trade NY Coffee through IB?

Discussion in 'Commodity Futures' started by TraDaToR, Oct 26, 2016.

1. TraDaToR

TraDaToR

I am stuck with spreads and one rep told me IB wasn't supporting it anymore...

???

2. Xela

Xela

I was asked out for coffee by someone who works for them ... but I'm not sure that's the same thing as trading coffee through them, unless perhaps he expected me to pay? Are you asking here because in spite of their telling you that they no longer offer it, you suspect you were misinformed, or what? (I wouldn't want a coffee-date with someone from a company that misleads its clients ...)

speedo likes this.
  3. CannonTrading_Ilan

CannonTrading_Ilan Sponsor

Do you mean you have a futures trading account and not able to trade ICE coffee?

4. TraDaToR

TraDaToR

Yes. Apparently they simply changed the ticker to KT ( which I don't like since it is supposed to be NYMEX coffee ...The illiquid twin cash settled contract ). But I am still not sure they are not simply confusing the two. The minimal increment is not right. I will wait until the dust settles to trade ...IB is a big brokerage, the chance to get in touch with someone aware of it are slim...LOL

5. MattZ

MattZ Sponsor

Just ask if ICE is enabled for your account. They use KT because they MIGHT be looking at the exchanges you are enabled for. If you want the "traditional" KC symbol, they may have to enable it (ICE Exchange) and then you should be able to see the quote and trade trade it. I assume that due to the ICE cost it is not auto enabled for traders. I hope this helps.

6. @TraDaToR Coffee futures and spreads are flowing through TT.

coffeespreads.PNG

MattZ likes this.
  7. TraDaToR

TraDaToR

Thanks both of you. I know it is an IB problem.

8. R1234

R1234

Weird. I have a coffee spread on at IB since August.
    My portfolio window now shows KT where it used to be KC.

i960 and TraDaToR like this.
  9. ids

ids

Sorry, there was a mistake of an operator, which will be fixed today.
    The ticker of liquid futures (KC) should stay unchanged.

comagnum, Xela and TraDaToR like this.
  10. TraDaToR

TraDaToR

Thanks ids, it sounds OK for me. No big deal.

#10     Oct 26, 2016