Any Xoomtraders there?

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by kowboy, Feb 6, 2004.

1. kowboy

kowboy

If you watch the system messenger tab, are you staying connected all day long?

This week I have been disconnected all day long and logged back in, back and forth between data Gateway L1 and L2. Haven't been able to trade reliably.

I am guessing it is my crappy internet connection (LAN wireless), but I wanted to check with other users. I can't get dsl or cable here. IB however is staying connected rock solid.

Thanks for any feed back.

2. kowboy

kowboy

Any xoomtraders there?

3. kowboy

kowboy

:confused: :(

4. I'm not sure of the day, but I did notice that Gateway 1 was off line for a short time. It did not seem to affect my trading. I have cable and DSL. Give Kirt a Call.

5. It is frustrated for me too.
    The last 3 weeks I had off and on serious problems with Xoom
    And that affects my trading........

Hamb

6. The last time i have been with Xoom trade
    was two monthes back.

Level II and Charts freezing and T&s lagging,
    But at the same the excution was instant and
    i remebers i had some issues with ARCA ecn
    excution and cancelation in few cases after
    4:00PM. I also had two time lost transactions.
    But this can happen with most brokerages
    or may be Ecn had problems

Anyhow i had to stop, not because of these
    problems, but because my strategy was not
    working.

I use Esignal for levelII, T&S, Charting,
    but realized very late the isssues with
    xoom, because i didn't have Esignal to
    compare with Xoom, and paid for this
    many times more.

But i think every trader to take precaution and
    "SOULD NOT BLAME XOOM" because you got to
    provide your own quote and charting software.

I think xoom excution wise had no problem most
    of times and still among the top

7. kowboy

kowboy

Hamb-Itrd, Are you still with Xoomtrade? If not, who are you going with. Although I have been there several months, this problem has only occurred mostly in the last few weeks. They indicate it is perhaps my internet provider. But my IP provider says that they have been rock solid. If others such as yourself and Nana trader have been having a few problems, I don't know what to believe. This has seriously affected my trading, as I have scaled way back in fear of being disconnected when I need it most. As a comparison, IB has been rock solid as usual, which leads me to suspect that my IP connection is solid. But on the otherhand, I am also monitoring the trading port with Agnitum Outpost and the trading port stays open, but my data ports receiving the data have no data flow during these problem times, and this is probably caused by my internet provider.

Hamb, Are you also looking at the System Messenger window on to see your disconnects during the day? What kind of an internet connection do you have? When do you experience your most frequent disconnects?

Nana, are you still with Xoom and if not who did you go with? Are you also using esignal now?

DISCLAIMER: I would not want someone viewing this thread to automatically assume that Xoom is causing my disconnect problems because they say that of all their users that I am the only one experiencing these disconnects. And quite probably it is most likely a crappy internet connection on my end. I am only posting here to find out what other users are experiencing so that I may find out the problem. The people at Xoom have been most helpful and courteous and I think it is a great trading platform and would highly recommend it to anyone.

8. kowboy

kowboy

To finish the post:

I am only posting here to find out what other users are experiencing so that I may find out the problem that is affecting my IP connection. The people at Xoom have been most helpful and courteous and I think it is a great trading platform and would highly recommend it to anyone. The customer support has been excellent, the commissions highly competitive, and the platform is robust with integral charting and built in chart studies.

9. Well XoomTrade had big problems again today.
    No way to execute an order for long time.
    If you call to place an order even if it is a closing order they ask you to send it by EMAIL

IS THAT A JOKE?

HAMB

10. kowboy

kowboy

What are you going to do?

I did notice that the data was running way behind and that the prints were way behind also. But they told me previously that it was my internet connection causing the problem.

I am going elsewhere, not because of the platform, which I think is really good. But because of my internet incompatibility with the platform.

Good Luck and Good Trading

#10     Feb 11, 2004