Any worldco traders here?

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by janko, Jun 22, 2001.

1. Hitman

Hitman

I got in without a degree.

They need you as much as you need them.

#41     Oct 27, 2001
  2. The focus is intraday, but I am interested in overnight positions and hedges as well. I think I read somewhere here that Worldco traders can do this but with a much lower firm capital rate. (maybe 4 to 1)? correct me if I'm wrong.

Oh yeah, bye the way, I am definitely saving mucho $ (for me anyway) and I will be looking to trade on a professional basis, The firsthand info that you provide in your posts helps alot, thanks

#42     Oct 28, 2001
  3. Hitman

Hitman

As a newbie you will be hard pressed to find anyone willing to let your trade overnight with their money. There is NO firm capital involved with overnight positions, your own money is on the line and they will close you out if your account can't handle the heat.

#43     Oct 28, 2001
  4. liltrdr

liltrdr

This is encouraging. I will definitely give it a shot in a year when I finish school.

#44     Oct 28, 2001
  5. Hit&Run

Hit&Run

Hi

Ive recently just started reading some of your posts...i think you are well on your way to a very successful career in trading...i'm a prop trader/recruiter for my firm and the qualities you have shown are exactly what i look for when interviewing candidates....in fact ive used some of your journal entries as examples to my trainees as to how to keep a record of one's trading...your trading methods are very similar to the methods my firm and i try to teach most of our more novice traders...im curious about your position at your firm....it seems from your entries that you pay quite a bit for commissions and bullets...im not trying to rock the boat you're on, im sure you're very happy learning from where you are but as not only a trader but also a recruiter, i know costs and payouts are very important to a traders success in absolute dollar terms....so if you feel free to discuss these issues i would love to talk to you about your setup...if not thats fine too...i just want you to continue posting because i love your journal entries (I find my traders and I looking at alot of the same trades u take during the day... ) Jt
    PS...I posted this message in your other board too...making sure u got it....:)

#45     Oct 28, 2001
  6. :mad: Hitman, your there, What is the story with this Walter guy!
    Does any of that stuff affect you as a trader there?
    what about the PTJP mess. The rankings are pretty negative as well as specific.

by no means should you take my inquiry as a personal matter, but the inquiry goes to you b/c you're there.

thanks.

#46     Oct 30, 2001
  7. Hitman

Hitman

What about Walter :)

He may look like a maniac but he can also be your best friend.

And non of that stuff affects me, it is business as usual here.

#47     Oct 30, 2001
  8. All I hear from worldco is the negative article about their affilication with the hedge fund ptjp as well as negative ratings about their execution systems being down all the time.

Can anyone who used to work there or currently working there offer a counterpoint re: above?

Given the fact that traders rated them about 50% either way. I get the sense that the people writing them are either part of the marketing arm or Worldco or are the traders who did'nt get along with the manager. While relationship with the manager is important, I feel that that alone won't make you a good trader. Most profitable traders I know in my firm talk to their manager once a week if at all. So can anyone give me a pro/con analysis of Worldco .

Thanks in advance.

#48     Nov 7, 2001
  9. worldco is one of the better firms out there there buying power is great there execution system did have problems a year ago but was fixed also almost every execution system goes down once in a while as far a negitive comments they are probbly from failed traders blowing off steam

#49     Nov 7, 2001