Any words for a rookie?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by mrsinister, Apr 3, 2003.

1. ballbearings.

#21     Apr 3, 2003
  2. its all ball bearings these days...

#22     Apr 3, 2003
  3. but seriously, everyone will tell you all kinds of things but definitely learn how to not hang on to losers, avoiding the big losers, and whatever it takes to preserve capital, #1 cause for failure is blowing out your account and not having enough capital to recover.
    you should be well capitalized before hand, although i wasnt when i started.

#23     Apr 3, 2003
  4. Trade only during open exchange hours...

off floor trading is not for the new, timid or faint of heart...

permarket trading often tends to reverse itself in the opening gap, and then follows normalized gap theory trading... hence just because something is up/down premarket doesn't mean its going to continue

don't forget to include margin, minimum account maintenance and other account maintenance requirements in your decision making process before taking on that trade...

option trading and equity trading from a direct access perspective don't mix that well

#24     Apr 3, 2003
  5. bearclaw

bearclaw

Ok rookie, my best advise to you is "keep it simple" . If you are trading, don't start until you write down a strategy, your discipline, and most of all don't forget "simple" common sense... good luck:cool:

#25     Apr 3, 2003