Any word from Refco Trading Services?

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by cornholetrading, Oct 13, 2005.

1. I didn't deny Refco was in trouble you FIST. However, Refco trading Services is a going concern and will be sold as such. For you info, Refco Trading Services, be it Brentwood, London or any other office have not stopped people withdrawing money from their accounts. That is providing they have the funds there in the first place. I have been drawing money pretty much every second day, back down to zero.

A couple of guys have been pissed off that their limits were cut when they drew money from their account, but lets be honest you can't expect to have the same limits with 10,000 in your account as you do with 80,000.

#21     Oct 22, 2005
  2. Boblman

Boblman

Loving this thread....

Mr K, you let yourself down not getting C U Next Tues... Schoolboy stuff!

Chris has a good record trading all sorts on top of Bobl-Schatz so I'm sure your bickering doesn't really bother him. It was a touch that he brought Rotters cheating (according to Eurexs own rules) to everyones attention. Unfortunately, because of the volume PR puts through Eurex, they turn a blind eye to all of his breaches.... yet when I (for example) hit myself as a result of a part fill that I no longer want (thanks to a 5000 'flip' (rather than pull, change clip size and get out)) I get a letter from Eurex cos Im only trading 200 clips rather than 2000+.

I know a lot of traders were grateful to Chris for at least having a go at highlighting Rotters cheating and Eurex hypocrisy. Now stop being so immature and maybe just read a business paper/journal rather than the likes of popbitch to find out what's happening at Refco.

#22     Oct 23, 2005
  3. newbie-type question here: what u guys mean by 'flip'/'flipper'??

#23     Oct 24, 2005
  4. 9th Gate

9th Gate

5. The flipper is a controversial trader who made around $60 million USD (on his own money) agressively scalping the Eurex FI markets.

He "flips" in and out of the market which pisses alot of Eurex traders off.

#25     Oct 26, 2005
  6. #26     Oct 27, 2005
  7. What do they say in their letter? I've often wondered what happens if you accidentally trade with yourself

#27     Oct 27, 2005
  8. thanks arbitrageur and gotmessner... instructive!

#28     Oct 27, 2005
  9. I actually know one of the guys that runs the training programme, he was a traded for JPM on the Liffe floor for more years than he would like to remember and is a very knowledgable person.

#29     Oct 29, 2005
  10. Boblman

Boblman

The letter states how proud Eurex are of running a fair and liquid market and that they have to be strict on their own rules and regulations along with those of general market practice blah blah... It all makes sense apart from the fact that they dont apply the rules equally to everyone (and the ******* got the better of me yesterday with some questionable market moves to a large sum :wtf:( )

When they were trying to launch Eurex US, we were 'washing' one lots with each other to claim the free iPod (being the cheap ***** that we are) as 3 trades a day for a month got you the gift. Incredibly, we were reprimanded for this and a certain trader was continuing to put BS bids and offers in trading with himself and flipping several thousand at a time (and no, we never got the iPods!) Cheers Eurex!

#30     Oct 29, 2005