any WCOM traders?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Ken_DTU, Apr 30, 2002.

1. p2:

have fun with WCUM. i've been playing for over 2 years,
    left when it went under 20.
    all i can say is that this stock is constantly bitchin'.
    however, it might get you addicted.

sascha

#51     May 17, 2002
  2. ehh.. she pays the bills. I'm still waiting for the move to 2 on 100k shares. I still think this bad girl is gonna make me a benz. I'm just getting tired of tying up so much capital in something that I can't margin.

#52     May 17, 2002
  3. Actually it was "Star Trek VI The Undiscovered Country" (you may have confused the title with ST III THe Search For Spock)

And it was General Chang who said the quote referenced as apposed to Chancellor Zorkin......

not that I am a Star Trek fan or anything just wanted to clarify

#53     May 18, 2002
  4. I thought you were going to play small with 35k shares. Now
    you say you went over the weekend with 100k? Wowza!

:eek:

#54     May 19, 2002
  5. I was at the beach having some superb fish.

#55     May 19, 2002
  6. Vishnu

Vishnu

I've been looking at WCOM again for a trade after playing it successfully from mid-Feb to early March.

One issue I am nervous about is that if I were John Sidgemore I would bring this to bankruptcy as quickly as possible. His equity is currently worth basically nothing so why not negotiate a sweet deal with the debtholders so that he gets a bunch of new options in the new company? What incentive does he have to try to bring this stock from 1.30 to 4 right now?

That said, there are enough big guys looking at this that if the stock hit 0.80 I might consider it for a trade. Right now, though, it looks like both the volatility and the volume (yes, even at 100M+) are bleeding out of it. Not really worth a trade at this point IMO. BWTFDIK.

#56     May 19, 2002
  7. I went home with 40k shares. I bought another 30k today at 1.42. I think this is the move. 1.4 stop. I have 70k total. I really played this trade ass poor, but I just hate these liquid nas stocks.

#57     May 20, 2002
  8. LoneHand

LoneHand

P2, I am in with ya, will add more in the morning when it pull back a little, (now is 8:20 am EST, 5/21), I am looking for .3-.4 with 40k, tight stop as usual. Also, will watch F (Ford) for a upgrade play today.

#58     May 21, 2002
  9. sold to you at 1.5.....

#59     May 21, 2002
  10. LoneHand

LoneHand

Dumped 20k at .53 ave,(took 4c) still have 20k, also still have my 4k F from the open, with a trailing stop of 5c...hang in there and we'll see.

#60     May 21, 2002