any WCOM traders?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Ken_DTU, Apr 30, 2002.

1. Babak

Babak

Holy cow! they juiced WCOM so much I thought it was the end of the month!?! what gives?

#11     May 7, 2002
  2. Great day for WCOM. I guess everybody gets lucky sometime
    :cool:

#12     May 7, 2002
  3. Ken_DTU

Ken_DTU

eg nice moves in this one, and likely for the next week or so... let's learn from it, re risk mgmt, trailing stops etc..

wcom is likely very heavily scalped by guys who do the 10-15K block share types of trades for small incremental moves (.1 to .4), also for intraday traders looking for .3-.5+, as well as swingtraders looking for a fibonacci retrace into the 10d range of 1.7 to 4 ..

TA: looking for support over the 2.15+ , resistances at even numbers, eg 3 , 4 , 5 .. so it seems an effective daytrading style (as I posted realtime earlier, eg the buy 2.25 sell 2.48+), may be for example, buy the 2.15+, sell before it hits the 2.5 midpoint (half position), 3 max.... then back in over the 3.15, sell by 3.5 / 4 etc.. with max stops for daytrades at .15 or so... swing trade stops likely at the .7's under the whole number... careful scalping it on the way up

main thing in my trading style is, a stock (and the market) gets interesting to me once it's traded outside of the previous day's range (prev day high/low triggers) ..

so, there's something to be learned from this stock for all styles of traders... it would be interesting to hear what everyone learns from it, in the next couple weeks ahead.. let's hear it.. use it as a case study... nice learning example stock for all of us active trader types :)

let's hear it from all of you ... ? I'd be interested in seeing everyone's perspectives....

fwiw, my main personal challenge is *still* I need to get the cajones to trade size, eg over 5K/10K type blocks like the market wiz types do, I'm still a sub-1K share size trader... good idea from brandon et al earlier, eg think of it as "units" and not fixate on the qty of shares.. thx... others?

I'd really like to hear from any of you folks who have made the transition to regularly trade over 2K-5K shares, eg how you got there, felt comfortable with that risk ... I will personally not be happy with my own trading til I can get comfortable taking on larger positions.. mucho appreciado traders ... thx all..

ken

#13     May 7, 2002
  4. I love WCOM :) I do about 5 million shares a day on it the last couple of weeks.

What I am wondering about is why for instance today the stock started ripping the last 30 minutes..

#14     May 7, 2002
  5. better than a $.40 gain, and strong in the premarket

surprising that purchasing above $2 was called, instead of jumping the broom early?

any justifiable rationale?

#15     May 7, 2002
  6. tommorows targets-

Sell stop $1.96 (trendline connecting lows)

Target 20 dma on daily at 3.5.

Odds are neither the sell stop will be violated nor the target will be attained.

#16     May 8, 2002
  7. Bailed on WCOM at $2.46 near open.

Will look for a new horse to ride.

#17     May 8, 2002
  8. no slight to the guys at Pristine, but, they are legends in their own minds, and simply put, if you go with the trade at $2 plus, you add support to the market, whilest the market is flying in just about every other stock;

if you don't and sell/short into strength above $2.40 or so, which is where its been trading (give or take a fortune, read $.20), then you put in a temporary cap/top which becomes resistance, which needs then to be broken, etc. As the normal pattern of chart watchers' conversations usually goes.

if you ignore the call, or the report on the call, that provided abnormal market support, yesterday, then you miss the penney stock becoming a lion. Yesterday, we watched the stock being bid up through the levels, almost with just 10,000 shares on each penny, instead of the 400,000+ previously on each level, when it was going down. Strange action indeed, and not action that inspired confidence to risk one's money behind, not knowing that a large hawkster put the stock in play...

simply said, caution is the watch word...

#18     May 8, 2002
  9. rotated into INAP this afternoon at .51. Stop at .46.

#19     May 8, 2002
  10. also consider PRGN and ADSX

#20     May 8, 2002