Any way to see orders in TWS

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by stevebec, Jun 19, 2003.

1. stevebec

stevebec

Today I shorted NSC at 20.70 through quotetracker. After the execution went through, I went to TWS and did an OCA stop/limit bracket. When I went back to QT, the limit portion had already been executed, even though the price I put, or at least thought I put, was way below the market. The stop order was also still live. QT shows the executed order with blanks under type, price, and expiration. The of course vanished off the TWS page. It shows up under view/executions, but that doesn't show things like order type or price, just executed price. I'm trying to figure out if I got screwed by IB, or just mistyped ( it wouldn't be the first time), but I can't find the details of the submitted order anywhere. Is there any way to see this through TWS?

2. Why not just use TWS for everything instead of a combo of QT and TWS? :confused:

3. stevebec

stevebec

1. I like QT - it's what I was using long before I opened an IB account and what I am used to.

2. I find TWS very cumbersome to use and make more order entry errors with it rather than QT.

3. No charts in TWS.

I would just use QT for everything, but it doesn't do OCA orders.

4. Steve, my thinking was similar to yours but it only took me 2 days to figure out all the features in TWS. It's really a pretty powerful platform and now I find it easier/quicker than QT. I used to use QT as well. I use a seperate charting application because I'm not impressed QT's charting capabilities.

FastTrader

5. def

def Sponsor

Steve,
    I'd agree with fast trader but there is nothing wrong sticking to what you're comfortable with.

About your order, why not just contact the help desk. Try an online chat. Tell the time and market of the order and they can look at the audit trail which would provide the information you're seeking.

6. gwnorth

gwnorth

I guess if you want charts in IB's package then look to pay more in commish but really let the broker be the broker and the data/chart provider be somebody else. TWS is pretty damn good when you think about it with none of these other platform surcharges for whatever reason somebody comes up with!

gw