Any way to ignore entire threads?

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by ER9, Jul 25, 2007.

1. Tums

Tums

If the thread is obnoxious and meaningless, the first thing you can do is to click on the "Complain" button on the bottom right hand corner of every post. Then request the mod to send the thread to Chit Chat.

Once the thread is in Chit Chat, new posts will not show up on the ET Home page.

#11     Sep 11, 2007
  2. RL8093

RL8093

Obviously some readers get some value out of these posts and I don't know if they're obnoxious and meaningless to others. Most seem to be pseudo-adolescents with strong opinions but no real mkt knowledge. For me, ET would be greatly enhanced if I never saw another post or thread from members of this group...

#12     Sep 11, 2007
  3. RL8093

RL8093

Another thread that I wish I hadn't wasted the time to open. A kid who has a chronic, debilitating need for attention coupled with an inability to actually absorb knowledge or accept feedback...

R

#13     Sep 12, 2007
  4. Baron

Baron ET Founder

This feature has now been implemented. Threads from users on your ignore list will no longer appear in the thread list for a given forum, or on the forum index page either. Thanks for the suggestion. :)

#14     Sep 12, 2007
  5. Thank you.

#15     Sep 12, 2007
  6. maxpi

maxpi

Too cool. :cool:

Only about a month or two ago did I get really fed up with the.... seemingly ever increasing stupidity.... I guess I could call it that, and started hitting the ignore button a lot, I have 125 usernames on the list now and afaik I am not missing much of anything...

this morning a guy posted a cut and pasted article that was informative and first crack out of the bag some poster starts saying the OP is using a new alias.... it's kindergarten level stuff..

I'm starting to thank people for informative threads, it offsets the other stuff a bit, and maybe makes the site a better place for informative posters.

#16     Sep 13, 2007
  7. ER9

ER9

Thank You Barron. as you can see it is very much appreciated by many of us and i'm sure countless others in the future.

#17     Sep 16, 2007
  8. Works like a charm. Thanks, Baron.

#18     Sep 17, 2007
  9. plodder

plodder

Could we have threads that appear on the front page and started by an ignored user also eliminated? I see they are gone from the forums, but still show up on the main, front page. This would make ET less aggravating, because I wouldn\'t see threads started by people I\'m ignoring.

#19     Sep 17, 2007
  10. Tums

Tums

I would second the suggestion.
    Who wants to weave through 10s of threads on Timmay, Hershey bashing, and BnB? They are a real turn off.

#20     Sep 18, 2007