Any way to export TOS data into a Java app?

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by treeHamster, May 1, 2013.

1. I've been looking to see if I could export TOS quotes into a Java app. Because OO Calc is made with Java, I figure it should be possible even if it's just using DDE. Primarily I've just expanded beyond the use of the spreadsheet for my trading and would like to move up.

Currently, this is what I'm using for my day trading. It works for me since the book is entirely cashed out by close and it's setup for just options. However, I'd like to expand into a real Java app so I could do more with position and statistics tracking.

It is good for watching the positions inside the day, but I'd like to do more complex book projections than can be done inside ToS. That and I'd like to be able to chart IV's over time which can't be done in ToS.

The current iteration of my position tracking is below. You need to drop in a ticker in the "Option" column, then fill in the buy price, volume, and the first IV column which I use to track relative value of the option over time vs when I purchased.

http://www.filedropper.com/bookbalance