any way to eliminate indictor lag

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by qwert, Oct 17, 2008.

1. Why you need indicators to tell you what happened before 10-15 min. ....:)

#11     Nov 1, 2008
  2. indicators are only useful for selling sytems or selling indicators .....not for trading......why are people so resistant to this fact !!!!

#12     Nov 1, 2008
  3. Ninja support forum has indicators you can download. Names like Macd ZeroLag and Stochs ZeroLag but they also lag. So what does that tell you? Not only that, they don't even have settings you can play around with. It doesn't matter though. Even if you could play around with the settings, they would still lag.

#13     Nov 1, 2008
  4. Sarcastic answers aside, the lag comes from the fact that multiple data points are collected, then averaged over some time period. For example, if you use a 14 period setting on stochastics, there will be 14 closing prices all added together then divideded by 14 to give you an average price. So, this average will usually not be the current price and will almost always lag the current price.

If you set your indicator time period to 1, it won't lag, but will simply give you the current price. With this approach, you can dispense with the indicator altogether and just use price.

#14     Nov 1, 2008
  5. Lucrum

Lucrum

Sheeple like the idea of "green light" buy and "red light" sell "signals", no thinking required. No learning how the market works required.

There are of course of few successful veterans using them. Personally I think their favorite indicator is muck like a security blanket. It makes them "feel" better but has little intrinsic value in and of itself. They could probably do just as well without it.
    They just haven't figured it out yet, or just don't want to admit it.

#15     Nov 1, 2008
  6. ? if you use price action as the end all do what you do it works for you but tech indicators serve their purpose.... some people like them .. let them be we know how you can not use indicators and it work for you cool good for you...

#16     Nov 1, 2008
  7. one thing indicators can do it let you know possible overbought/oversold conditions. they can tell a story about price moves, you just have to understand the language.

#17     Nov 3, 2008
  8. any way to eliminate indicator lag

yes there is, eliminate the indicator and use clairvoyance :p

#18     Nov 3, 2008
  9. Tums

Tums

Have you read the OP's question? or do you have a comprehension problem?

#19     Nov 3, 2008
  10. yes i did thank you for asking.

i got a LITTLE stuck on this:

" id rather use longer term charts but technical indictors r unless in long time frames."

but i did best i could
    :)

#20     Nov 3, 2008