Any Users of Advanced GET ?

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by scott55tt, May 18, 2007.

1. I have read several times that Advanced GET software is rated number one for many years by S & C magazine subscribers.

I was wondering if anyone has used it & would really appreciate the feedback on it.

Thank You
    Scott

2. I wouldn't put too much faith in the S&C ratings. I used an EOD version of GET years ago and I thought it was actually pretty interesting. I haven't looked at what they offer now and therefore can't comment on it.

3. i use the eod version, it depends on what you want and how you might use AG
    the EW labeling does change as the Price progresses but as said you need
    to understand EW before using any EW labeling sw
    some of the tools are very good, Ellipse and MOB can be exactly accurate
    i think of the Gann Box as PriceTime Movement blueprint, AG also has a
    Search feature with which various 'trading systems' can be 'programmed' based
    on the AG tools only
    here's a collection of AG pdfs: http://www.savefile.com/files/596965
    learn what you can about the program then get a trial, some brokers not sure
    who offer or did provide AG for free based on trading turnover, you'd need to
    google to see if you can find someone

4. Wallace,

Thank You.

Lots of interesting info you put together. I probably will have more questions after I read all the articles.

Have you attended any of their live seminars & if yes, any comments ?

5. taowave

taowave

hi Scott,
    I have AG and it is a very good charting package,but in NO way is it worth the exhorbitant amount of money Signal charges.The bulk of their work is based off of 3 simple oscillators,moving averages,simle regression channels/trendlines and divergences.

The fact that they do not offer a simple backtester which would enable you to test their proprietary indicators should speak volumes.As I said,the program is a nice charting package,but it should sell for $500(EOD).

6. Tums

Tums

if you buy enough advertizing, you will get rated #1 too.

same goes for auto magazines, digital electronics, etc.

7. If you like lots of squiggly lines and colors on your charts, it's the way to go. It is a toy for beginners, not a tool for pros. And they bend you over to get it (price).

8. scott55tt, no, never attended any seminars
    what are/do you want to trade and what trading time period ?

9. Wallace,

Futures, ETFs 7 Forex.

Hourly & daily using 5 & 15 min to time the entry.

Wallace, how good is their Wave identification routine ?

Which of their tools do you find very useful & highly accurate ?

In your experience can you point out any tools that are not very useful ? It is kind of overwhleming to try using all of their different tools especially as previously commented by a member that backtesting is not an option in it ?

THanks