Any US brokers that allow mini futures?

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by 1a2b3cppp, Mar 18, 2009.

1. How many scales? 4 maybe of 1 lot each? So you need 2k for that at $500 margin. With 22k you easily cover that and then some.

#11     Mar 18, 2009
  2. I thought many brokers have mini-es accounts like tradestation

#12     Mar 18, 2009
  3. The ES is already a mini contract in itself WYI. So please, dont talk about mini futures as 0.1 the size of a mini.
    What you are talking about it CFDs, Contract For Difference. Some shady market makers outside the US offer them (I have no clue how they hedge) usualy for a comish, higher spread and higher interest on margin. I say shady but some are legit respectable firms (ex; CMC markets in the UK).
    And the answer is no, you can't trade that thing in the US (as long as I know), it is prohibited by your great government. For fear you could trade for a living, like the PDT rule.
    I have no clue if there is a workaround.

#13     Mar 18, 2009
  4. You can get that kind of delta by trading a near-the-money SPY option.

#14     Mar 19, 2009
  5. Hey it turns out that on March 23rd the CME is going to be releasing e-micro FX futures priced at 1/10 of a normal FX future. So like $1.25 or $1.00 per tick or so depending on what contract you're looking at.

Cool!

#15     Mar 19, 2009
  6. Surdo

Surdo

What does this have to do with ES?

Oh....another non sequitur!

#16     Mar 19, 2009
  7. Mr J

Mr J

IB offers a roundtrip for $4.80 US, or about $7 AU. Obviously doesn't help if you don't want to trade the full ES, but it does show that commissions are high. Still minimal compared to trading Aussie shares though.

#17     Mar 20, 2009
  8. it has nothing to do with ES, but it has everything to do with mini futures which was the subject of this thread.

#18     Mar 22, 2009