Any Turtles traders here?

Discussion in 'Strategy Building' started by mizhael, Oct 11, 2010.

1. I posted this in the Trading forum but got no response. So I post here again and hopefully can get more feedbacks.

---------------------------------

Any Turtles traders here?

What are your recent experiences of the Turtle trading systems?

I just finished reading the Turtle book and got a few questions unanswered by the Michael Covel book:

1. Did the Turtles do their calculation based on continuous contracts or individual contracts? Because they were trading futures, there are basically two possibilities: (1) individual contracts, or the continuous contracts which are constructed by stitching the individual contracts together.

2. When Turtles entered the markets, did they enter at market open or market close/settle or intraday, all in the next day? When they stopped out, they stopped out at market open or market close/settle or intraday, all on the same day or the next day?

3. In the book, it was mentioned that every time when their equity drop by 10%, their reduce their risk by 20%. But it didn't mention when would they restore the risk to the original risk level?

Any Turtles please shed some lights?

Thank you!

2. Btw I am looking for people who follow the Turtle rules, either original or modified/improved ...

Lets discuss...

I didn't mean to look for the "original" Turtles trained by Dennis... :=)

3. bigpapi

bigpapi

crickets! crickets!

4. Even Covel can't respond positively to this question.

5. No use to the OP, but the few turtles disciples that I came across, and admittedly they were few, they were all into self help.
    The likes of Satan's helper, Tony "the cunt" Robbins et al.
    & the NLP garbage.
    Was it because these people were shit traders looking for excuses as to why they were shit or is it all part of the same rotten apple?
    I think even the turtle soup traders have moved on, but let's allow the failed turtles to pipe up and get some publicity about the good old days.

6. MGJ

MGJ

7. drm7

drm7

The forum at tradingblox.com has a VERY in-depth discussion of turtle/trend-following techniques. No detail is too small.