Any Troubles with IB TWS 865?

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by gszabo, Dec 13, 2006.

1. donizetti

donizetti

I had this too. Go to account window and check 'include fx positions...'. According to an IB rep. (via chat) this shows/includes my year-to-date cash fx transactions and this is not an actual position in my account.

#11     Dec 14, 2006
  2. Are conditional stop orders available yet?

#12     Dec 27, 2006
  3. yes u are. actually the head and shoulders ib icons [dav designed 'em apparently] were much much better, booktrader icon sure sucks, but account, transmit and order are the ugliest of em all.

#13     Dec 27, 2006
  4. I have to downgrade. Too many nagging problems. Mainly w/ charting ... launching, backfilling, windows resizing - all a mess.
    This is 865.2 btw.

#14     Dec 27, 2006
  5. graeme

graeme

How do I downgrade TWS?

I've got 865.7 and I've had nothing but problems with it- if it even lets me log in(which can often take 4 or 5 attempts), I have problems getting data-the feed starts and stops throughout the day.

I'd be happy with the ugly icons if it worked properly!

#15     Dec 27, 2006
  6. JackR

JackR

Log on to the IB web site. Go to the Software pulldown. Go to TWS. When the TWS selections are open scroll down the page and you'll see a download choice called "Windows Previous" It is currently version 864. Click. It will download a setup for the previous version.

Jack

#16     Dec 27, 2006
  7. graeme

graeme

Cheers JackR. Appreciate it.

#17     Dec 27, 2006
  8. notouch

notouch

It's all working fine for me - even using a bracket order with YM in BookTrader. And the icons look much better - even the little blue book for BookTrader!

#18     Dec 27, 2006
  9. Catoosa

Catoosa

I upgraded from TWS 864.7 to TWS 865.7 and all of my TWS windows that were on my secondary monitors would revert back to the primary monitor every time I restarted TWS. There were also some problems with some of the icon buttons not looking right. I thought these problems was likely due to my Java being not up to date. I updated my Java from 1.5.0_4 to 1.5.0_10 and that fixed all of the problems. If you are having problems, check and see if you have the latest Java update.

#19     Dec 27, 2006
  10. graeme

graeme

I've got 1.5.0_10 Java, so it's not that.
    Hopefully the downgrade will fix the problems.

#20     Dec 27, 2006