Any Trading Related Q&A Sites Like Quora and Esp. Stack Exchange?

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by bankroll, Jan 6, 2013.

1. Baron

Baron ET Founder

I like this idea. I think the challenge is just getting people to post questions that are more suited to concrete and verifiable answers, such as software problems with trading software, instead of questions whose answers are dramatically subjective, such as "Where do you think the DOW will be by Friday?".

#41     Feb 27, 2013
  2. Baron

Baron ET Founder

This is a key statement, and one of my top priorities of 2013, which is making super standout threads easily accessible to all members. Just right off the bat, I'm thinking that having a list of "Hall of Fame" threads on the homepage will help out a lot.

#42     Feb 27, 2013
  3. With a little rearranging you could have the recent posts on the right and the standout threads on the left.

Broker ratings could move down as you still have real estate.

#43     Feb 28, 2013
  4. Humpy

Humpy

Henry Ford's comment from the 1930s springs to mind " You can have any colour you like, as long as it is black ". Democratic ? I don't think so.

#44     Feb 28, 2013
  5. I promised you some links to relevant pages. I knew of two.

Here is one:

http://tradinglosers.com/forums/big-mikes-day-trading-forum/

It's on some blog/site that is no longer active, but it's still pretty much on the money.

The other blog was in transition to wordpress last time I checked it out a few months back, but it seems to be gone now. Perhaps they have moved, or perhaps have closed it for good.

If I find its new location, I will let you know. But I do remember the name of this sleazy German operator that hides under the handle of Fat Tails on the Big Mike Trading Forum. I got it from the other site.

If that site does not re-appear in the next few weeks, I will post his name here. That's the only way to keep an a-hole who lives overseas accountable for his actions that affect American businesses and he smeared a few of them hiding that he was their competitor.

#45     Mar 1, 2013
  6. I made a few comments about the forum in question here, the BMT forum, that is, and I thought that they were deleted.

It turns out that they somehow got lost along with some other posts, so no foul play was involved.

You can read them here:

http://beta.elitetrader.com/et/inde...ke-quora-and-esp-stack-exchange.256402/page-7

Summary of what I said there: Big Mike trading forum is an example of an Internet pathology and needs to be exposed as such.

Fortunately, there are still forums like Elite Trader were "freedom of speech" is not a dirty expression.

#46     Mar 2, 2013
  7. Thanks for this update.

I must say, it's very charitable of you to treat the Fat Tails creature in kid's gloves and I apologize to all creatures big and small for using the word "creature" in this context.

If I were you, I would expose his name right here and right now.

It's not that I despise his sleaze (which I do). What I despise even more is that you simply cannot challenge his lies on that forum because if you do, you get banned, sometimes immediately.

You don't have to be a libertarian as I tend to be to find this kind of environment totally repressive. I spent some time there and had to censor myself all the time. I eventually blurted out what I thought about all that sleaze there and that was it. And what a relief not to be a part of it anymore!

This Big Mike fellow strikes me as a recovering Scientologist and his road to full recovery appears to be very, very long. Assuming he is trying to recover at all, which is not so obvious.

Please keep us posted.

#47     Mar 2, 2013
  8. You are absolutely right about this guy and the environment he operates in that is one of the kind. In any other place he would been challenged and dismissed as a smear artist and knock-off peddler that he is a long time ago.

I checked out his recent posts and he is as incorrigible as ever. Keeps bashing his competitors with cheap shots aimed at boosting his insecure ego and score points with the dummies on the Big Mike Trading forum.

I have no dog in this fight, but I am a small business owner (while trading on a side) and if someone were treating my business like he is treating his competitors, I would never hesitate to blow off his cover.

But since those guys may not be coming back, here is his real name: <b>Harald Steinhaus</b>. Hopefully, that will make him more accountable. If not, I may as well start a blog aimed at the BMT forum abuses.

You have no right to anonymity online. Not in this country, at least.

#48     Mar 9, 2013
  9. Good job. Thanks.

I too thought about a blog dedicated to online pathology of the kind Big Mike represents. And now that I am retired (save for day trading), I might actually do it.

#50     Mar 11, 2013