Any Trading Related Q&A Sites Like Quora and Esp. Stack Exchange?

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by bankroll, Jan 6, 2013.

1. gmst

gmst

Hello, what are you talking about. I am not aware of any forum by bloomberg terminal. They just have chats and they can invite multiple people to the chat.

But forums - no they don't exist. Feel free to prove me wrong with a screenshot. :D

#31     Feb 5, 2013
  2. Anything but BigMike. His forum is a joke with many posers and vendors spitting hatred on their competitors like that Fat Tails creature.

The very institution of the markets wizards on that forum is an insult to anyone who knows that trading is not about wasting your time on trading forums. You think that someone who has thousands of posts is actually trading for a living? Do they even have time for that? Or perhaps are they fishing for suckers to sell them something?

#32     Feb 5, 2013
  3. gmst

gmst

I see you are acrimonious towards BMT - maybe they banned you. :D. I personally think there banning policy is good - however I know a lot of very smart people get banned there - if they attack vendors. In this regard, ET is WAY BETTER.

I personally started a 500+ page thread raising questions on true intentions of a company on ET. That thread forced that firm to become a sponsor here. However, never ever did Baron or anyone else sent me a note saying that I should stop. My Hats off to Baron!!!!!!!!

I personally think Fattails is a good guy - gives useful information. Agreed he is vendor - but better to disclose that he is a vendor rather than selling something underhand.

In generaly, I agree with your contention that BMT is way overhyped. The quality of posts there is low compared to ET. Their journal section is a total joke. Everyone is trying to make money but noone is profitable. LOL. At least here on ET - we have had great successful profitable traders - lescor, atticus , acrary, ammo, volente, daal, Cutten, AmazingIndustry, sellindexvol, rallymode and a whole bunch of others.

ET attracts a lot of wannabes and a lot of successful professional traders. BMT on the other hand mostly attracts wannabes. I completely agree the whole business model of BMT is geared towards using his forum to sell vendor services. Sometimes directly, sometimes disguised.

However, overall - I think from business perspective, BMT makes far more money than ET :eek:

#33     Feb 5, 2013
  4. monitizing traffic is no joke.. look at what facebook is faced with with all the moble users.. i've found useful things on wilmont.. bigmike i have only looked at through links to useful things.. not been on it much.. .. i'm a wanna be..

#34     Feb 5, 2013
  5. I have not been banned. I am not even a member. Don't jump to conclusions, because that makes you sound like yet another BMT fan.

I like to deal with people who are well informed. That's the top reason why I think that BMT is a joke. It attracts posers and dummies. I have no problem with the dummies. I was once a trading dummie, so was everybody else, but I hate posers and it's posers who dominate and run that forum.

If you think that Fat Tails provides useful information, you have yet to do your homework. The guy is an empty suit and typical Internet blowhard. He lacks the understanding of basic things and most of the time fails to do even elementary DD when commenting on vendors. Sometimes, he plainly fabricates things about them to screw them over.

The fact that he hides that he's a vendor while maligning his competitors is highly questionable, to say the least.

BMT has zero integrity, in my opinion. That it may be making more money than ET is irrelevant to me.

I like forums where you can talk openly and not be forced by a loser who blew two of his trading accounts and is peddling dreams at $50 a piece (or his henchmen, for that matter) into some kind of groupthink coupled with the bozo-in-chief's ass kissing.

As I said, it's a joke, I have no respect for the people who run it, but it's sleek and that's enough for idiots to declare it "better."

You are right that it's way over-hyped. But it's worse than that. I think it can actually be harmful to the beginners and cost them in terms of time and education if they invest in it.

#35     Feb 12, 2013
  6. Humpy

Humpy

Just an opinion but it might improve matters if the thread starter had some options e.g.
    1. thread moderation powers for the OP just on that thread.
    2. as present only moderated by the website mods.
    3. dictator like mod powers by the OP who could ban anyone he feels like, from the thread, for any stated eason.

#36     Feb 13, 2013
  7. Why do you say he hides that he is a vendor? It is clearly stated under his username on every post that he is a vendor.

As to lacking an understanding of basics, I cannot comment on his overall knowledge, but he gives one of the best explanations of the difference between back adjusted and continuous futures data.

That thread is on page 1 of a Google search, which is how I came to learn about BMT in the first place.

#37     Feb 13, 2013
  8. He was doing this for years, even last year. I am talking about 2-3 years of this kind of activity. He was exposed for hiding his vendor status here in the past, among other places. This might explain why he is now showing his vendor status. He was forced to.

There are at least two pretty extensive articles about his BS on the web that I came across. About his smear jobs on other vendors that he did under disguise and other stuff. Even his real name was exposed in one of them.

I may find links to them later.

His real trading knowledge is a joke. As are his DD skills. The guy is full of hot air. He was selling a knock-off of Nexgen indicators in the past, perhaps still does. That's the type of "vendor" he is. A knock-off peddler.

You think a guy who knows a thing or two about this business would be acting like that? Any self-respecting vendor I know minds his own business and sells his own stuff.

He is a typical example of what's wrong with that forum. The lack of integrity in the first place, dubious "vendors," routine smear jobs on legitimate vendors that don't kiss up to BM and banning of those who don't follow the party line.

Fortunately, there are still other forums where you cannot be banned for not subscribing to some BS groupthink. Forums like ET.

#38     Feb 13, 2013
  9. gmst

gmst

HAHA. lol. buddy, we agree on a lot of things. I actually started a whole thread on this.

FYI,

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=258804

#39     Feb 15, 2013
  10. That's nice. I wanted to reply to it, but it is now closed. I also wanted to reply to some newer posts here, but I see that they are gone now. Sounds like we are having a BMT moment here ...

And I just said something very positive about freedom of speech here. Probably premature.

#40     Feb 27, 2013