Any trading ideas to make $50,000 fast?

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by TheSorcerer, Sep 5, 2007.

1. This is a viable option.. something I thought about.

But, $300 margins is little too risky even for what I am trying to do. There is no way you can hold on to your postion..

#11     Sep 5, 2007
  2. gnome

gnome

Be patient. Watch for a "potential capitulation downside washout (like Aug 16)", and load up on slightly out of the money call options.

#12     Sep 5, 2007
  3. ElCubano

ElCubano

he is not able to focus on the market and will miss a move like this.....what else u got up ur sleeve...I want to take a huge gamble myself...was loooking to short CFC for quite some time and have not pulled the trigger...any other ideas??

#13     Sep 5, 2007
  4. The OP sounds like someone who is used to flipping real estate etc Or atleast wants a similar strat.

These kinds of strategies work at 90% only in a bubble.

The OP therefore needs to find a market somewhere in the world (and easily investable from the US) that is in bubble mode and looks like it might last for another year atleast.

#14     Sep 5, 2007
  5. mde2004

mde2004

Get you some aapl put options JACK, load up now and make 200% by tomorrow JACK HERSHEY.

#15     Sep 5, 2007
  6. $100,000 to me is worth 20x more to me than $50,000... that's a hard math to follow, but that's how it is. My marginal utility of dollar on the downside is very low, while it is very high for higher amounts.

#16     Sep 5, 2007
  7. gnome

gnome

Everything is a guess. You have to pick your vehicle and bide your time.

Considering the market's upside bias (general and always), I like the idea of buying a call option on something which has shown Relative Strength during a panic decline.

#17     Sep 5, 2007
  8. bull call spread on AAPL. go 5 months out.

#18     Sep 5, 2007
  9. That's actually not a bad idea - wait out the regular days and when there's panic selling, be ready to step in and buy - etf's, options, futures, etc.

[​IMG]

Easy money.

:D

#19     Sep 5, 2007
  10. #20     Sep 5, 2007