Any trading groups in New York metro area?

Discussion in 'Hook Up' started by tricktrader, Jul 26, 2007.

1. This weekend I shall "invade it". My mother in law is in town and she needs to experience new stuff. thanx for the directions. :D

#31     Sep 12, 2007
  2. cstfx

cstfx

Any updates on the big ass open party?

#32     Sep 19, 2007
  3. I'm interested if surf comes :)

#33     Sep 19, 2007
  4. There's been 32 replies and over 2000 views of this thread since I rasied the question in July. So I'm concluding there are quite a few NY area traders who'd be interested in meeting one another. Why don't we check our calendars and look to set up a get-together in midtown Manhattan sometime the week of October 8th or 15th. Columbus Day (i.e., Monday October 8th) might be reasonable. If interested, post a reply and/or e-mail me via Elitetrader and we'll see what the consensus is. And needless to say, if you have friends or colleagues who'd be interested... well... the more the merrier.

Tricktrader

#34     Sep 23, 2007
  5. xiangfin

xiangfin

Live in Manhattan. Sometime the week of October 8th or 15th looks fine.

#35     Sep 30, 2007
  6. Surdo

Surdo

I offered FREE Ossetra Caviar and Vodka @Petrossian last Friday for Happy Hour after a great day in crude Oil. Guess how many showed up from this site?

You got it, ZERO. It was just my trading partner and 3 hotties from down the hall.

It is very rare anybody gets their act together in NYC.

Lemme know where the next shin dig is.

el surdo

#36     Oct 1, 2007
  7. sileiro22

sileiro22

an nyc meet-up sounds good... i'm new to ET, and a relatively new index futures trader... i'm in queens, soon to move to brooklyn.

i'd be down for drinks in manhattan. i guess i'll check back here soon.

#37     Oct 2, 2007
  8. I want to apologize to all those who were counting on me to set up a get together this week or next. I live in northern Westchester and it takes me about an hour and a half to get into the city via Metro North. Typically this would not be a problem. However, I started a course on Market Profile the beginning of this month and the demands are such that I probably can't get into the city early enough to make any get together.

Hopefully us New Yorkers will have a chance to meet sooner than later. Sorry for any inconvenience.

Tricktrader

#38     Oct 11, 2007
  9. stepan7

stepan7

So no meet up yet?

I am in downtown Manhattan south from NYSE.

Stepan

#39     Oct 11, 2007