Any trading firms in Tampa or Orlando?

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by drase, Jun 22, 2009.

1. no, but their are plenty of high rise condos available for you to purchase above market.

#21     Aug 2, 2009
  2. SCOTtrends is now in Downtown Orlando. Guess there wasn't much of a market in Deland. LOL

:p

#22     Aug 12, 2009
  3. funny they are one suite over on the same floor in the same tower from where I used to work in downtown orlando. I think I know a guy thats there actually.

#23     Aug 13, 2009
  4. Forget Orlando. Lake Mary/Heathrow alond I-4 is where do you want to be, WAAAYYY to much crime in downtown Orlando

#24     Aug 14, 2009
  5. LeoC

LeoC

Hehehe. Tks for the heads up. I guess we'll have to weight all pros/cons (central location, cost, demographics, safety etc...). I'll keep in mind your advice.

Leo

#25     Aug 14, 2009
  6. hombre have you ever been to central florida?

while lk mary heathrow is a nicer slice of suburbia, to say dt orl has a problem with crime is ridiculous. I lived right on central for over 3 years and worked at church and orange as well as heathrow during that period.

I'm sure they aren't considering anything on the wrong side of I 4. maybe you have never been to somewhere actually crime ridden?

#26     Aug 14, 2009
  7. I can assure you that I have much more experience in locating quality commercial real estate then most , including you in light of your comments.
    Ask yourself a question: Would I rather go for a walk with my kids in the Heathrow area or downtown Orlando area after 9 pm ?

#27     Aug 14, 2009
  8. do you understand that after 9 dt orlando there is a lively happy hour and nightlife somewhere almost every day of the week, filling it with young professionals and college kids? on weekends it is swarmed from 6pm on. hell I moved dt to be able to walk everywhere. they built tons of condos and have been aiming at young professional active types to make it a vibrant city center and have half succeded. there is a publix in a multi use one block outside the cbd. I cannot remember anecdotally any crime dt more heinous than a bum asking for change and giving up immediately in all my years in dt orlando.

and fyi, I've brokered commercial property transactions in every market in florida, you probably have plenty of experience and more than I but dt orlando is one of the safest city centers i know. miami, tampa, jacksonville don't even come close.

heathrow is very nice, sterile and safer, but to consider dt unsafe is not accurate.

#28     Aug 14, 2009
  9. OP wants to open trading room where fairly well off guys will go to and trade. I don't doubt that downtown Orlando is a great place to mingle with same minded young dynamic professionals from Parramore and Pine Hills in a search of drunken pussy but as a trading office location is not a best imho.

#29     Aug 18, 2009
  10. The Ft. Lauderdale group are Assent traders or a sub LLC? Do they work together as an office or are they a just successful individual traders?

I think that there is a great need for mentoring and collaboration within most prop firms, but the little that is often times offered is inadequate. A new trader would benefit tremendously from sitting with and interacting with a successful traders for 6 months to a year, but many firms offer like 2 weeks of mentoring and some software based training. I understand why successful traders would not want to waste their time helping newbies, but it is just an unfortunate situation.

#30     Dec 3, 2009