Any traders with ADD/ADHD?

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by mrsinister, Feb 10, 2004.

1. Is your sleep situation solely a result of your back pain?

Did you sleep in a more normal fashion before you had chronic back pain.

Even if the answer is yes, you should seek a sleep therapist, a doctor who specializes in sleep disorders as there may be another factor involved. It may be that the pain medication is disturbing your sleep cycle - as well as the pain - and there may be an organic issue unrelated to the pain.

#31     Feb 13, 2004
  2. demonet

demonet

No, but I am addicted to educating individuals about the absurdity of our drug laws and the incredible harm they cause.

I don't know the sentiment behind your post--whether it was to be a joke, or if you just wanted to say something impulsive. My aunt did have fibromyalgia, and spent a year in pain under those same misconcepts and guilt that she had in perhaps thinking she deserved something to rid her of her pain.

She ultimately found a doctor, at my behest, and she is has her life back again. that 1.5 years ago. She still thanks me to this day---and she looks 10 years younger. Is she addicted to oxycontin? I could care less, nor should she. She is living a pain-free life and I would imagine very few can imagine what that is like if you have not suffered in that way.

#32     Feb 13, 2004
  3. because I wasn't intending to annoy you. I enjoy reading your posts. It really doesn't matter if if you are addicted. I appreciate your knowledge and openmindedness. I've taken oxy before, but there is a better pharm than that. I was once given a shot of a mysterious drug in hospital. It was the best high I've ever had, and made me go unconscious while they operated on me. It wasn't morphine, which I've had. I encourage you to discover this drug, or if you know what it is, to inform me of its name.

#33     Feb 14, 2004
  4. demonet

demonet

If you told me what your surgery was (you can be general about it....I don't need to know if you had a growth the size of a grapefruit removed from your back or something like that :D ) and what type of anesthetic you were given (general or local), I can tell you what it was. Many times they give you sodium pentothal when you get a general anesthetic. Often when there is just a local anesthetic given or a nueural block of some sort (like women delivering babies) they will give you demerol, a fairly strong opiate. I have had iv demerol once while in the hospital, and for three days I could just ring the nurse for another several mg in my iv tube....I remember it being an extremely present 3 days--considering I was in a hospital bed for 23.5 hours each of those days.

So, yes, I do like opiates, and I also have taken them recreationally (i.e. old prescriptions). [They do a number on hangovers!] But, more importanly, opiates are very potent analgesics that people should have much easier access to and further, they should not feel guilty for trying to attain a pain-free life. Sure, I think Christopher Reeves is an inspiration, and if I was a quadraplegic I would probably read about him daily so I could be inspired and find my strength to keep going when I might want to quit. But there is no choice in that scenario. Plumlazy has a choice...he can feel normal again...he needs to throw away that destructive feeling of guilt, become empowered as to what is possible in the field of pain/analgesia and find the right doctor.

Parker

#34     Feb 14, 2004