Any traders that live within a 2 to 3 hour drive of DC willing to meet and take trading seriously?

Discussion in 'Hook Up' started by nonpln, May 2, 2024.

1. vanzandt

vanzandt

Lol. I had to think for a minute... which movie?
    Full Metal Jacket.
    I didn't google. Am I right?

#51     May 9, 2024
    Overnight and poopy like this.
  2. Overnight

Overnight

#52     May 9, 2024
  3. Overnight

Overnight

By the way...You might remember that I am highly susceptible to earworms...

I've had this in my head for about 2 weeks now. This one is a tough slog...UG!!!

Mick, get out of my head! Ack!!!

#53     May 9, 2024
  4. Overnight

Overnight

This is proof you are sim. So nobody gives a shit about you, or what you have to say. WTF does a hook-up of sim-traders look like? Who pays for it? And what are you paying for, anyway?

You are paying for a conference room in a place like Atlantic City or Vegas, so you can speak with like-minded sim-traders on how to approach the real markets?

Planning your attack to "conquer" the real world of trading?

WTF!

Simian.

#54     May 9, 2024
  5. poopy

poopy

All vol; rel-value, skewed hedge v beta vol. Var is small, correlation risk but well diversified. Price risk-reversal -> hedge value drives dispersion.

Futures are up 20 (NQ). I pay virtually nothing in comms. It's a new age.

upload_2024-5-10_8-22-28.png

#55     May 10, 2024
    Sprout likes this.
  6. vanzandt

vanzandt

You should take a look at TTD here at $87.50 for one of your option plays. I have no idea which way it's gonna go, but next week's straddle at $3 looks to me like they're underpricing whatever move it makes. I don't see this thing staying in a $3 range next week.

#56     May 10, 2024
  7. poopy

poopy

It's not big enough (mcap) for me to play it. I stick to top 20-30 index weight.

#57     May 10, 2024
    vanzandt likes this.
  8. vanzandt

vanzandt

Give it to Jr for a homework assignment.

#58     May 10, 2024
    murray t turtle likes this.
  9. nonpln

nonpln

And you could win the powerball and mega millions in the same week, but what are the odds? Not interested in talking and having the same ad nauseam conversations. I've reviewed the threads in hook up and it isn't just my thread, barely anyone takes it seriously. Hence my willingness to actually meet in person because I am about action and progress.

#59     May 13, 2024
  10. %%
    LOL that really depends:D:D.
    Due to market changes , could write a book on it;
    most hidden treasure gets found anyway LOL.
    I think any USa citizen should visit DC @ least once , done that already :caution::caution:
    But I see your points\ my banker dad told me / ''dont tell everything you know, son '' ;
    so if he goes the book rout, dont tell it all:caution::caution:

#60     May 15, 2024
    Laissez Faire likes this.