Any traders that live within a 2 to 3 hour drive of DC willing to meet and take trading seriously?

Discussion in 'Hook Up' started by nonpln, May 2, 2024.

1. nonpln

nonpln

I am actively day trading. Yes, there is not a human alive that could manually trade the time frames I do and take full advantage of let's say ES, NQ, RTY, YM and CL. You're literally stating something humanly impossible, as your counter argument to something I said. That is 100% either jumping the shark or you're still committed to trolling.

#41     May 7, 2024
  2. nonpln

nonpln

Your own words in your journal back me, not you. You literally state your "busy doing gig work lately instead of trading" and my personal favorite is you admit to essentially holding positions until they are profitable. Sure, that can work and that's great you're making money, but you do realize that is what the majority of people already do right.

You are the quintessential example of why I made my post and why I prefer someone at least serious enough to consider meeting in person.

As far as your "simp" comment. The other dude literally has someone following him around liking his post like a cheerleader without making a comment, keep that same energy with him.

Afraid of criticism? Willing to meet in person is afraid of criticism?

I dislike when people say "lol", but in this case it really is a lol.

#42     May 7, 2024
  3. nonpln

nonpln

@Overnight

So far not one person has shown the ability to have an objective, logical or productive conversation and you ask me to make a journal? That doesn't sound very interesting to me. Not sure you're fully comprehending that there's not one person here that has something I need. It's a two way street as far as I am concerned.

The point was to look for a potential collaboration for efficiency and time reasons. I mean maybe you're going to live forever so efficiency and time management isn't a concern to you, that's fair.

#43     May 7, 2024
  4. poopy

poopy

Cool story. I don’t know and clearly do not care what time frames you’re trading. It’s part of the grift to put the onus on the skeptic. You’ve stated absolutely nothing about your BS method and nobody is inquiring bc nobody cares.

New nick. Check. Epiphany. Check. Inability to fully leverage this tremendous edge! Check.

Dude, you’ve lost. Time for another nick.

#44     May 7, 2024
  5. nonpln

nonpln

For your contract to post here full time, what does the pay look like? Seems as if they may have something in your contract that requires you to respond within an hour as well or you don't get paid? Are you able to use AI to assist in that, or just more of a brute force dedicate the majority of your life to posting?

Wouldn't be interested in full time, but if you can get me a part time contract that could work. I am fine with you taking a portion of my pay every month as motivation to bring me on board.

#45     May 9, 2024
  6. I'm certain that's it.

#46     May 9, 2024
  7. poopy

poopy

We're not hiring at the moment but thanks for the interest.

#47     May 9, 2024
  8. nonpln

nonpln

Can you humor me and just not troll for one post and give some legit advice. Suspend all your disbelief and preconceived notions, just for one post.

I legitimately have multiple solid strategies(two require no indicators or any other tools, but of course if you have something to apply context that could improve EV, win rate and etc)

Literally reversed my habit of holding onto a loser and never holding a winner. Not only mentally, but the above strategies that I use, work particularly well.

So, yes of course I am currently trading it with good, some would consider great results. I am not at the point mentally though to really size up. I am working actively to improve everything and set the stage for that. Even with that said my edge's are working on pretty small time frames. So it's 100% serious when I say that I cannot take advantage of everything. Even on one instrument alone if the market is moving fast it's possible to miss a setup.

What would you do in this case? Is there really no other answer than just to slowly build and scale up? Another part of why I am trading so well though is I am keeping my size small. So it's actually a challenge to lose money in a day. However, thats because my mental state is so strong trading small size and my risk of ruin is like 0.0001% probability. If I scale that's going to increase it drastically. I'd essentially have to double my account for every micro I wanted to add.

Thanks for any serious advice.

#48     May 9, 2024
  9. nonpln

nonpln

Please if you can do not troll for just one post and read my post above.

Thank you.

#49     May 9, 2024
  10. poopy

poopy

Everyone tilts when they arbitrarily increase size in D1. I think that quantifying the edge is more important than the signal, which would result in implementing something like Kelly. Barring that, you need to find the limit of your comfort, trade that, and implement a fixed-% increase in size as you earn. It's difficult to overcome the vig on intraday trading on index futures so I'd probably focus on CL if you can, but the range in CL is limited intraday and it dot shots overnight. There is nothing to gain in applying it to multiple indices.

The moment you size-up you become the weak holder. You'll cut winners and losers and lose the vig. I would not add another mini contract until say, $25K added (net) to net liq.

I have been 100% vol since 2001 so I'm not the guy to ask. I can give you a workable edge in three hours (in vol) but the edge is easily quantifiable in my asset class and the data is plentiful (index v beta vol in single-names).

#50     May 9, 2024
    Yik, Sprout, Adam777 and 1 other person like this.