Any Traders Leaving IB for Commission Free Broker with Desktop Platform?

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by damoonrulz1, Oct 10, 2019.

1. agree kcalhoun, I've seen many an imbecile claim you won't get 'best execution' with zero comm , not knowing that BE has noting to do with that!!! Zero to do with it, pun intended.

been saying for some time that even 1 cent a round trip is 1 cent too much.

IB will have to do something to compete with zero on TWS, not just a crippled web based interface, or lose many of their scalper daytraders.

#21     Oct 12, 2019
    KCalhoun likes this.
  2. El_Cubano

El_Cubano

Yup...the "bad fills" is a ghost. The law requiring NBBO matching is clear. And if you want to be absolutely certain limits are available.

#22     Oct 12, 2019
  3. El_Cubano

El_Cubano

I agree...IB NEEDS to up its game. They're the only ones gimping their zero commission offerings

#23     Oct 12, 2019
  4. ajcrshr

ajcrshr

Yeah, been with IB for over 10 years and will most likely switch to Fidelity unless they follow suit.

#24     Oct 12, 2019
  5. comagnum

comagnum

Fidelity is the only broker out of the others that is offering commission free that is not receiving POF. They also pay a cash sweep which is slightly higher than IB. This appears to be make them the best broker in this arena by a wide margin.

#25     Oct 13, 2019
    KCalhoun likes this.
  6. tonyf

tonyf

Are you sure they dont sell order flow? Is it in the terms?
    Do they open accounts for non-IS residents? Do they offer an MS Excel API?

#26     Oct 13, 2019
  7. comagnum

comagnum

#27     Oct 13, 2019
  8. DevBru

DevBru

Since i am moving away from futures going in to stocks i am also interested in the 0 commission structure, i am also from outside the US so i really hope we also get a 0 commission broker with a decent platform, not like the IB Lite stuff.

Going to follow this thread.

#28     Oct 13, 2019
    IBRex&me user likes this.
  9. tonyf

tonyf

37k p.a.! Call IB an negotiate. I have.

#29     Oct 13, 2019
    IBRex&me user likes this.
  10. Looks like Lite is now available (was only early beta access prior). Will be moving to a competitor to try out. Maybe later on TWS will be included in Lite, but I am not holding my breath.

#30     Oct 14, 2019