Any Traders in Thailand?

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by PPT, Oct 7, 2009.

1. PPT

PPT

Will be heading down there in January for an extended amount of time.

Let me know via PM if you are in Thailand and trading/investing.

Thanks in advance.

2. have you been there before? how is the internet connection where you will be at?

3. Rimping

Rimping

I live in Chiangmai in the North and am quite often in Ko Samui in the South as well.

4. esmjb

esmjb

i was there a month ago. stayed at the peninsula in bangkok and some other hotel in phuket. internet was complete garbage in both places, akin to dialup. i trade futures with TT.

5. Rimping

Rimping

Most of the time internet is O.K. for me. Sometimes there are some problems or its gets slow.
    I have two connections at home + an aircard. So I always manage to put my orders in.

6. BarryL

BarryL

Siamatrader , Who posts in the 2009 Pand L ,thread lives in Pattaya , about 1 1/2 hrs drive south of Bangkok . I am sure he will give you any info you need about internet there if you PM him I will be going over there myself in around 10 days and staying till after the New Year I have traded from the hotel in Pattaya was getting around 1400kps to NY severs in April ,but I think it may be a bit slower lately IB seems to be better , the snapshot quotes dont get bogged down with the lag so much as Tradestation or Laser when a lot of volume comes in