Any traders in Perth?

Discussion in 'Hook Up' started by Alexandre, Mar 15, 2006.

1. The problem with Perth is that half the people are inbred with aboriginals and the other half are members of criminal gangs.
    Business people are notoriously corrupt:- Alan Bond, Laurie Connell etc

We don't call it the 'Wild West' for nothing around here (Melbourne) Perth Naa!! Just stay away! I went there once and never want to return

Fremantle was so named after a convict chant "Free Mantle!"
    Some guy named Harvey Mantle got caught stealing but because was so well like in prison, his friends on the 'outside' chanted outside the jail

"Free Mantle! Free Mantle" day and night until the wardens let him out.

Hence the name of the suburb where this occurred.

#11     Nov 9, 2006
  2. muscle bunny

muscle bunny Guest

Aaahhh, take the above with a pinch of salt, exagerations and imagination freely flowing here.
    Nice bit of humour.

Like any city, there is the good and the bad, depends where one wishes to look and to associate with.
    I don't tend to get involved with the night club scene for example due to the fact it can be risky.
    Northbridge did have a bad reputation for violence and general bad behaviour but this has been subject to a makeover by the local Council and Policing, so not so bad now.

Perth really is a city with a country town mentality, about 10 years behind everyone else but the outdoor experience and climate is what I like and the reason I live here.

#12     Nov 9, 2006
  3. Yeah..your right I was just kidding, Perth is a beautiful city. I especially like walking across Kings Park to the University. Great walk, beautiful city

...err just stay away from the West Coast Eagles players and their
    associates...

#13     Nov 10, 2006
  4. Perth is for outdoors people, theres little nightlife other than to go to bar and have a drink, in most places it's a very sterile enviroment, rather a police state, and the justice system there is questionable. Good for mining.

#14     Nov 10, 2006
  5. Many tend to have a bit of a thing against Sydney, and Melbourne tends to encourage that, Sydney can be quite aggressive though

#15     Nov 10, 2006
  6. If you look up the magazines you'll find out why. Look at commute times. Accessibility of entertainment. Crime rate. Cost of living.

Etc etc. And then you'll find out why I live on the Gold Coast. I came to Aus for a long holiday in November 2001 (most recently from Europe and the US) and my key question was: where can you best experience all the good things about Australia? :)

PS. The answer to that is the Sunshine Coast but I needed top quality schools for my teenagers so we settled on 100miles south with a bigger population and great schools.

#16     Nov 10, 2006
  7. I went to Perth in 1994. I really enjoyed it but come to think of it I wouldn't want to live there. Great for a visit though. The walk along the beach to Fremantle is really beautiful.

I'm staying in Melbourne though...:D

#17     Nov 10, 2006
  8. Can you persuade your fellow Melbournians (aka Mexicans in Qld) to stay there too? You're overrunning the Kiwis and Americans :)

#18     Nov 10, 2006
  9. ROFL!!!!

melbournians are all right, except for their terrible, terrible driving abilities.

ive been to perth, shanghai, beijing, new york, chicago, gold coast, melbourne and sydney

melbourne tops the list for having the most aggro and crap drivers in any city

#19     Nov 12, 2006
  10. Forget Auckland, it's just like any other city in the world; been there from 1991 to 2003.

#20     Nov 15, 2006