Any traders in Gibraltar?

Discussion in 'Hook Up' started by Ghost of Cutten, Jun 25, 2010.

1. What's it like out there?

2. i thought you were there

3. TraDaToR

TraDaToR

I'd like to hear about that too. I love Andalucia and Gibraltar is a nice place to visit, but I don't know if living there would be great.

The main problem I see is that Gibraltar is really small( 30000 persons or so ), just buildings on the base of the rock, a few beaches and you mustn't feel chlostrophobic because every time you go in Spain, you face a potential 3 hours waiting time at the border to come back.

4. H2O

H2O

Most of us actually live in Spain... Living in Gib can indeed be pretty claustrophobic, but with a bike or walking there is no problem crossing the border... Nothing beats the lifestyle in the sun..:cool:

The number of traders in Gib has actually gone down quite a bit over the recent years - I've been here now just over 5 years and I guess the numbers have more than halved!

Btw - Gibraltar firms are mostly futures (Just so you know)

5. Do you speak Spanish? And can you walk across the border into Gib. from where you live?

6. dealmaker

dealmaker

"just buildings on the base of the rock, a few beaches "

and that is what it is.

7. TraDaToR

TraDaToR

Thanks, good to know.I trade futures as well.

Are you crossing the landing strip by bike? This thing cracked me up when I got there...LOL... What is this plane doing on my road?

8. I recall a movie from the same group that did Floored about a a bunch of prop traders in Gibraltar, making and losing a killing, it was a great clip.

9. Depends on what you are looking for - outside of Patagonia tapas, the weather and being able to walk everywhere, I found the place to be a backwards pain in the arse. It is a place that you either love or hate. Living in Spain is cheaper, but you have the border to deal with as well as the language barrier. An ante dote from a few years ago - there was a country wide power outage for some stupid benign reason ( in simple terms someone did something a normal person would not have done). So they kick on the back up diesel generator, which promptly shuts down within 5 minutes, plunging the power off country wide. Why did the diesel generator fail - because some tosser had not filled the diesel tank up, it was freakin empty.

10. Wait, you forgot the monkeys!

(sorry -- I meant apes)

#10     Jun 25, 2010