Any traders from Scandinavia?

Discussion in 'Hook Up' started by Baruch, Jun 14, 2003.

1. Michael, at least if you live in a bigger city, you can get a 0.5-10 Mbit/s connection for about $50 a month. I have 8 Mbit/s for $50. In most smaller towns you can get well connected. Don't know about E-signal, but I'm sure it's no problem. I use IB myself. Taxes are 30% on capital income like income from trading futures. Welcome back once you retire!

Granville

#31     Dec 25, 2003
  2. Tack for att du svarade pa mina fragor.

Halsningar,

Michael B.

#32     Dec 25, 2003
  3. I was born in Vasteras, Sweden and my mother was a Swedish citizen all her life until just a few years ago (though my Dad is an American and I have also always been an American citizen). Most of all my relatives are Swedish as well and I have been there maybe a dozen times during summers.

It has always been my hope to go back there to live at some point as well. I get a similar reaction from my relatives in Sweden when I say I want to live there someday-"Why would you ever want to live here when you can easily go to CA or FL?". I don't know- there is something about the culture and the people that I have always felt more comfortable with, like it is ingrained somehow from when I was little. At least as a trader it is more realistic to move from one country to another than it would be in other professions.

Anyway, I was happy I understood some (about 50-75%) of the scandinavian language posts. It is easier for me to speak and listen to Swedish than to read/write it. I can hardly write it at all and my reading skills are still at "Kalle Anka" level. :p

#33     Dec 25, 2003
  4. Hahaha. I've got a Swedish girlfriend and have been thinking some similar thoughts to you (US) guys. Used to live on Dalagatan in Stockholm and loved it.

Does anyone know of prop trading firms in Sweden along the lines of MacFutures, Saxon Capital, London Capital Group, Atlas Futures, Kyte Group etc..... ???

Have found http://www.pancapital.se/ on my travels, that's about it. Don't know anyone there. They appear to be a relatively sophisticated trading house. Ex bank stock traders I assume.

#34     Jan 3, 2004
  5. Hej Eletric :)

Patrik heter jag..

#35     Jan 3, 2004
  6. I lived on Karlbergsvagen....hello neighbor.

Michael B.

#36     Jan 3, 2004
  7. Greetings my Swedish friend.

Michael B.

#37     Jan 3, 2004