Any traders from Manila, Philippines?

Discussion in 'Hook Up' started by mslee, Aug 29, 2019.

1. d08

d08

In Manila until this year, now up north in Luzon. Met some wannabe traders in this country, all of them have lost money and had naive approaches to the markets - underestimated the work required.
    You need years of studying the markets before committing any real money.

#11     Sep 1, 2019
  2. SPX Blaster

SPX Blaster Guest

I have heard years ago, from who, I don't remember, he said high school grads (no university) made better traders than people with university degree's. It has also been pointed out, women usually are better traders than men.
    Trading psychology is probably most important trait to have rather than studying charts for years.

#12     Sep 2, 2019
  3. d08

d08

I am not talking about just studying charts, that is not what studying means. Also, show me these guys who just sit with no experience and start making money, what are they, the 0.01%? Women make better traders probably because it takes an different type of woman who gets into a profession like this, which has plenty of male high-risk-taker compulsive gambler types who will blow up.

#13     Sep 2, 2019
  4. jligs

jligs

Help, I can't seem to transfer funds from PH bank accounts to Interactive Brokers. Banks ask for documentation on the kind of stocks I will buy, amount I will send. Such a hassle. Has anyone successfully transfered to IB from the Philippines?

#14     Oct 4, 2019
  5. What the heck do you do in the Philippines? Recruiting maids for hk? I hated having maids in the already small house, will never hire one

#15     Oct 4, 2019
  6. d08

d08

Never had a maid coming from a do-it-yourself culture myself. In fact I've become more DIY here seeing what kind of quality I get when I pay. Keeps me grounded as well.

#16     Oct 4, 2019
  7. never been to the phillipines…pardon for being ignorant, but it sounds very undeveloped to me

#17     Oct 5, 2019