any trader from the Philippines?

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by chaosbaby, Feb 22, 2007.

1. nonam

nonam

Possibly the situation goes back to when PLDT was a cash cow for Marcos and he allowed no competition.

#51     Mar 19, 2007
  2. reg

reg

You are talking about tourist spots, I was not. I am being a true friend to the people I visited by telling them the reality of what I see without sugar-coating it.

#52     Mar 19, 2007
  3. Thank you for hi-jacking my thread again! :D LOL

Can we all please get back to the topic? Thanks

#53     Mar 20, 2007
  4. pretzel

pretzel

You might want to post your question here - http://www.tradercentral.ph/index.php

Just my 2 sentimos - it's easier to do business in a corrupt country, you just need "put" to get things done. BTW, I'm a Quiapo boy.

#54     Mar 20, 2007
  5. Tleilaxu Mentat and reg
    why don't you guys bring your flame wars in PM. Stop spamming my thread with such senseless topics. Is there any moderator here? oh come on! :confused:

#55     Mar 23, 2007
  6. jsyyap

jsyyap

hello everyone,

If you are looking for the san juan branch, it's along pguevarra st. Fom wilson, you turn right on pguevarra. If you know jv ejercito's old house in pguevarra, it's the building with the apple computer and aquarium shops after jv's house. Tell the guard you're going up to unit 10. Pls go there during market hours as nobody will entertain you during the day. Preferrably an hour before the market opens.

the branch in manila is already closed. Their claim that they will pay you 10k guaranteed allowance was true. The catch is that you will trade how, what and when the manager tells you to do so. That's what i heard.

I actively trade in pasig. The address is room 906 tycoon building. This is the building behind pse and near CRC. If you wish to apply as trainee, drop by before the market opens and look for mick. At the moment, there's about ten of us trading here.

You won't find swifttrade listed in the yellow pages. Firms like these do not really entertain walk in applicants. Branch managers havfe strict requirements in choosing who they will take in as trainee. Like all of you know by now, there are no salaries or allowance. You only get 10% of the profits that you will generate any given month. If you are not profitable three months in a row, you will get cut from the training list.

If you need further information re daytrading at swifttrade, feel free to pm me. Hope this helps.

Best,

jim

ps.

pls do not ask me how much i am making as a trader, or anyone i know who trades. It is not proper for me to answer them. To give you an idea, the best trader i know, made 7k dollars in his best month.

#56     Jun 13, 2007
  7. Dude, thanks for finally replying. I'll try to visit both branches w/ in the week. Just curious about what you said above, is that $7K in 1 month his gross profit or his net payout? It would be impressive if it's the latter.:cool:

#57     Jun 17, 2007
  8. jsyyap

jsyyap

the 7k USD is the NET payout. With the way things are at the moment, that felt like a long time ago. Most of the traders here are in the red.

Just between you and me: The san juan branch and the pasig branch are going to merge soon. The reason for this, as i understand it, is about improving profitability. When management wants to improve profitability, this means that if you, as a trainee, do not make money soon, it will be best for you to get a "steady" job.

I hope you get that i am trying to discourage you. Daytrading for a living is not that easy. But it can be learned. Good luck!

best regards,

jim

#58     Jun 21, 2007
  9. $7K net payout means his gross profit for that month was $35K (assuming he's at 20% payout), impressive. In which month did he make this, do you still remember? Just curious, I thought the NYSE & NASDAQ was rising lately, why are most of the traders in the red, shouldn't it be the other way around when in a bull market? :confused:

If the 2 branches do indeed merge, which location would be retained? Also, do you know how many traders & trainees are in the SJ branch right now? TIA.

#59     Jun 21, 2007
  10. jsyyap

jsyyap

Let me answer your questions one by one.

If i remember correctly, that person made that much in a certain month during the first quarter of this year.

If your assumption is that the markes are bullish and our traders are in the red, you can guess which trading methods they use. If you are smart figure it out: they can make hundreds of dollars each day on a rangebound market, but when it starts to trend, most of them get stopped out big time.

Let me correct myself. The san juan branch and the pasig branch are NOT going to merge. The san juan branch, i was told, is going to close. If plans push through, the traders from san juan are going to trade in the pasig branch.

Hope this helps.

Jim

#60     Jun 22, 2007