any trader from the Philippines?

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by chaosbaby, Feb 22, 2007.

1. sounds kinda shady to me. Are they on the PLDT yellow pages?

#21     Mar 15, 2007
  2. Heh, maybe they're too busy making $$ to reply huh :p. I also PMed a guy who claims to work for one of the Swift Trade branches here (he posted in THE-BEAKER's thread IIRC) and he still hasn't replied.

Chaosbaby: YGPM :cool:

#22     Mar 15, 2007
  3. seems to be enough people collectively to get something going here in terms of a small group of guys working together.

might be an opportunity to be the first prop shop in manila.

#23     Mar 15, 2007
  4. zotium

zotium

Hi All,

I'm also interested to join SwiftTrade, just emailed them today.. see if they reply.

You can google their email, they have branches in Pasig, San Juan, Manila, but that's about it. No phone numbers.

#24     Mar 15, 2007
  5. I've tried looking for them on the e-yellow pages but I failed.

@THE-BEAKER
    that's a good Idea

@zotium
    Please keep us posted

#25     Mar 15, 2007
  6. Do you have the San Juan address? I live close to San Juan, I can probably drive by, check out the operation and report back to you guys. Not sure when but probably sometime next week.

#26     Mar 15, 2007

7. That would be an excellent idea, but you won't be the first. Swift Trade already has 3 branches and I have found several other firms already operating or starting to operate in a few months. There's even a couple of FX & futures traders.

This guy is also keen on starting one, but in the wrong countries IMO. I'd leave it up to you research why it's better in the Philippines. :cool:

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=77463

#27     Mar 15, 2007
  8. Just want to add, I only got the email ad & mobile # for the San Juan branch, but I still couldn't track down where exactly they operate. I'm eager to check it out myself.

#28     Mar 15, 2007
  9. So you do have the cell# then? I thought no one could find a phone number? Send a text message or give them a call. I tried the swift trading site but the "locations" link is non-functional.

#29     Mar 15, 2007
  10. BTW, I just did a search on google and they have a job posting:

http://www.jobsdb.com/PH/EN/Job.asp?R=JDBP032289923&516

Looks like compensation is based on "profit sharing", no mention of an "allowance"

From the ad:
    COMPENSATION:

**Competitive profit share based on actual trading performance/results starting from Day 1 of the training period. Note due to the high learning curve of the industry, only candidates with no financial committments for 3-6 months should apply. Trainee/Traders will be treated as independent contractors.**

#30     Mar 15, 2007