Any trader From Italy?

Discussion in 'Hook Up' started by Big_M_Surfer, Sep 16, 2004.

1. Are any of you US citizens living and trading in Italy or another Eurozone country?

If so, how do you handle taxes? Are they higher/lower than US taxes (fed, state, local) for your income bracket? How difficult was it to get the papers necessary to work there? Any info would be appreciated.

#21     Sep 20, 2004
  2. I was in Tallinn for an extended weekend and drove through the whole of Estonia in one day. I think it is an underrated country. If you go outside Tallinn it is s alot more impowerished and you can see they have a long way to go to reach EU standard. But Tallinn is really beautiful. But the language and the climate is a drawback. Are you German?

#22     Sep 20, 2004
  3. Why not Andorra? No taxes, but mountains and a lot of snow (in the winter).

#23     Sep 20, 2004
  4. 1penguin

1penguin

Italian living in Los Angeles (for now)

#24     Sep 20, 2004
  5. I'm Italian, from Rome....I trade Dax and some Bund, but I'm a fundamental analyst in an italian investment bank.
    Nice to meet any other ET member from Italy, or in my country!

#25     Sep 20, 2004
  6. Are there prop trading firms in Rome?

#26     Sep 20, 2004

7. unfortunately not, i only have experience with equity firms

#27     Sep 20, 2004
  8. Yes, MCC (Capitalia group), Cofiri and others. As I know, they mostly trade Government bonds (bund/T bond) and FX

#28     Sep 20, 2004
  9. annemarie

annemarie

hello
    I´m new in this forum
    I know about Andorra because I´ve been there many times

about the snow..
    winter temperatures are low and in summer they are mild
    Andorra enjoys a high percentage of sunny days and the climate is dry but... in winter there are abundant snowfalls , this is true..

about taxes..
    Andorra has no system of direct taxation of personal income, trading profits or wealth

and there are some taxes affecting the owners of a company and for entry in the Trading Companies Registry, for the exercise of trading activities and liberal professions

the most important commune taxes are for the supply of services such as street lighting and drinking water, for works permits, for trading and industrial activities, etc.

further information:

http://www.ccis.ad/index.htm

detailed information on the Andorran economy and more recent data on aspects such as the administration income, State budgets, GNP and the balance of trade

and..

http://www.estadistica.ad/

updated statistical information on the most important facets of the Andorran economy but I think that it is not in english..

#29     Sep 21, 2004
  10. Hi everyone
    thanks for answering.

As I can see very few traders from Italy...

Bye
    B_M_S

#30     Sep 23, 2004