Any trader From Italy?

Discussion in 'Hook Up' started by Big_M_Surfer, Sep 16, 2004.

1. Yes, Copernicus. I was considering moving to Estonia this spring. But after consideration I found out it was not worthwile. Two problems in Estonia: language and climate. Climate the same as Norway, perhaps even worse in the winter, and I dont want to invest my time in learning Estonian. I could have done with English but too much hassle and too complicated. I had several language problems with the local people when I was there. The young are good, but those over 35-40 are NOT good in English.

Northern Italy seems perfect: long and warm summers, good skiing in the winter, a language I would like to learn and in the middle of Europe. I am not sure if I will move (and have it as a permanent home, but at least a secondary home). San Remo are my prime choice right now, but I also like the Abruzzo region (around Pescara). Substantially cheaper in Abruzzo and less tourism but also skiing in the winter.

#11     Sep 18, 2004
  2. I thought about San Remo myself, it's close to the French border and the French riviera. I wasn't too excited by the pics I saw on the web though . The place looks old, almost run down compared to pictures of Nice or other French coastal towns. Maybe it 's a wrong impression i have. I'd rather be in France , except for the French sometimes maybe.... well in the South they are different I think.

The only reason I would consider moving to the Italian Riviera though besides the weather is the tax rate. I read on ET it's 12 % or so, and the fiscus doesn't treat you differently or doesn't care if you derive all your income from trading . Does this still hold true- if it ever was?

#12     Sep 18, 2004
  3. nice, let me know how it suits you when u move, i want to come back to europe to trade, just dont' know where yet.

#13     Sep 18, 2004
  4. Can you suggest any prop shops for remote trading futures?

I'm trading futures, intraday swing, with my own capital, but read about FCMs (e.g. Refco) setting up futures prop shops with very competitive commissions. So that would make some short-term strategies more interesting to me.

Thanks in advance!

#14     Sep 19, 2004
  5. I wonder which is nicer. Milan or Florence.

#15     Sep 19, 2004
  6. Florence for sure!!!! Milan is more contemporary and business-like. Florence is beautiful and laid-back. Ciao!

#16     Sep 19, 2004
  7. ades72

ades72

1 :)

#17     Sep 20, 2004
  8. Tere,

I'm thinking about moving to Estonia too. Corporate taxes are awesome there. Have you been in Tallinn or elsewhere?

#18     Sep 20, 2004
  9. Forget Milan, the most horrible place in Italy, for sure. Spend a summer there and you'll understand...

#19     Sep 20, 2004
  10. ades72

ades72

I am in Assisi a small city near Perugia and it is really great:)

#20     Sep 20, 2004