Any tips for trading from hotels while traveling?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by DMcWilliams, Apr 9, 2010.

1. new$

new$

If you leave the computer in the room when gone , lock it in the safe rather than a suitcase. I once forgot my suitcase key and watched in awe as the NYC bellman pulled out a plastic bic pen cap and jamed the protusion into the lock and popped it open.

#21     Apr 13, 2010
  2. I found an article about this topic, and they conclude that larger chains are probably more secure than the smaller hotels:

(from the article) ..."Your larger hotel chains have started to take action," he said.

"Now where the larger risk probably lies - once the brand names lock up their systems - is with the independent hotels," Percoco said. "Many don't have the resources and don't have centralized staff to help them out."

http://content.usatoday.com/communi...computers-wyndham-trustwave-security-expert/1

Best regards,

Doug McWilliams

#22     Apr 14, 2010
  3. LeeD

LeeD

This is the best option if home connection is reliable and the order entry software does something on top of sending orders to the broker. For example, it may convert stop-limit orders into stop orders if the price went against the trader too far beyond the limit price etc.

The downside is remote connection may not be as secure as broker connection.

#23     Apr 14, 2010
  4. mikesd

mikesd

found these bags online: ebags mother lode TLS. They have convertible backpack version as well as wheeled duffel. The convertible backpack looks like just enough room for laptop and one extra monitor, plus clothes. Only way to find out is to order one and see what fits. I'll give it a shot. Looks like the best thing I've found so far.

#24     Aug 10, 2010
  5. Broadband card. Verizon. Works everywhere and will stay lit while driving to maintain connection if needed.

Use at airports, coffee shops, hotels, etc. No looking for LAN or wifi and no security concerns with those locations. Fits in your pocket. Get worldwide access. Cheap.

I traded from all over the Americas earlier this year. Only problem with access would have been when I was in places I really didn't want to be online.

:)

#25     Aug 10, 2010