Any tips for trading from hotels while traveling?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by DMcWilliams, Apr 9, 2010.

1. Thanks for all of the input from everyone.

Best regards,

Doug McWilliams
    Cannon Trading Co.

#11     Apr 13, 2010
  2. lindq

lindq

Be aware that recent reports have shown - this should be no surprise - that hotels are the #1 source of stolen passcodes, credit card info, account info, etc.

When traveling I try to avoid the large business hotels if I want to trade. Staying in a smaller hotel may be a false sense of security, but I figure hackers will be more likely to hang out where the most opportunities are. Just my opinion. Good luck.

#12     Apr 13, 2010
  3. buylo

buylo

Good eye.

Pat Cox
    Ballsy Trading Co.

#13     Apr 13, 2010

4. dood
    I have large doubts your brain is logical or not.
    Man , to tell people carry around the bag is good exercise is NOT logical,
    equivalent to telling people to live farther away from the subway cause its good exercise.

Its WRONG
    you exercise when you want to exercise, not because you HAVE to lug around 3 bags by hand.. wow seirously, thats some really bad logic you have there.

LOGIC analyze: on Exercise , REAL Exercising is sweating from exercise. Are you sweating from carrying your carry-ons? If you are -> THAT IS SOME CRAZY SHIT, To be walking around sweating with your carryons
    If not -> That is not exercise, Thats just a waste of your energy.

#2nd bad logic, bringing on 3 carryons and avoiding paying the fee.
    I mean come on now, why bother? If you are traveling do you need to act shifty just to have another carry on bag? Check the bag for god sakes. Its FREE.
    Again, Not logical.

not trying to pop you, but man those ideas were so illlogical i had to post to point it out. To continue with that type of illogical thinking will make you bankrupt in trading man.

#14     Apr 13, 2010
  5. Thanks for your input also. Do you happen to have a link to any of those reports? I'd like to get some more info, tips. Do you know, was the private info in jeopardy because of wireless network security?

Thanks,

Doug

#15     Apr 13, 2010
  6. some real good, input from others for trading while traveling --- i just started to use remote desktop, to my main PC on my last trip to Poland, and it worked great. There are some tweaks you can do, to speed up order sending etc. FYI

#16     Apr 13, 2010
  7. Get a 3G ipad.

#17     Apr 13, 2010
  8. Watch out when looking for a hardwired ethernet connection. In a lot of hotels, they have the hardwired ethernet hooked up to a wireless bridge, so it's not really a home run to anywhere. You can spot it if there's a little antenna on the box the cord is plugged into.

If your strategies generally depend on latency you are going to get screwed and might as well stay home. Too many variables with hotel internet.

If you are on the road very many nights in a month, a 3g wireless modem would probably pay for itself. The latency isn't so good, but it is otherwise fairly reliable.

#18     Apr 13, 2010
  9. spinn

spinn

yes

#19     Apr 13, 2010
  10. Midas

Midas

I use sprint 3G on my laptop. I also stay places that offer high speed internet.

#20     Apr 13, 2010