Any tips about day trading using IB?

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by mizhael, Feb 6, 2009.

1. Any way of making it fast?

I feel entering an order and submit it is so slow on my IB... how to make it super fast?

Any tips?

Thanks !

2. any one?

3. What is it that you trade?
    As long as I know, trading is almost as fast as you can clic. The delta t being at the the speed of light.
    Using limits, markets? give some details.

4. I don't know. I am just starting to push up and train myself to high freuqency. I felt the interface is slow. A lot clicks and keypresses are needed to make an order. Maybe I didn't discover the magic of IB?

That's why I am asking...

5. DmanX

DmanX Guest

Booktrader?

Or other third party DOMs like button trader and bracket trader?

6. I see, Booktrader is used for speed...

That's why I felt so slow clicking this clicking that...

I need DOM software such as button Trader and Bracket Trader for doing fast daytrading?

7. All you need is BookTrader.

There are other front-end applications as well, like ButtonTrader.

The key to all of them though is that one click and your order is transmitted.

I think you can also set your TWS page up with hot keys.

What you need to do is read the User Manual.

OldTrader

8. cmon, get real.

assuming you know the stock and the order, all you have to do is set it up in advance. then its a single click or hotkey.

If you trade using a market order or dont have to fiddle with limit prices, you can do a buy AND sell in under 1 second manually

9. I see -- you are assuming that in daytrading people use Market Orders, that's why it's only one click.

10. dcvtss

dcvtss

You could look at their ISW (integrated security window) I know it has a lot of customizable hotkey buttons for limit orders like one cent above ask etc. I haven't really used it as that is not my trading style but it may be what you are looking for.

#10     Feb 8, 2009