Any thoughts on PALM

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by Fizber, Dec 18, 2006.

1. Fizber

Fizber

PALM has gotten destroyed in the last 7 months. It is 22 cents above its 52 week low. But what is more interesting is that it has hit that 52 week low multiple times over the last few months and as a result has become an area of support. They report earnings Tuesday December, 19 after the bell. Anyone have an opinion on it? I mean how much lower can it go? It has hung out at 14.00 for the last 4 months. I usually don't like to bet on earnings but this thing has gotten bad news after bad news and each time it just returns to 14 flat.

2. The good news is that the bad news is already priced in.

3. Fizber

Fizber

What are the chances this thing gets hammered tomorrow down to like 12 or 13? YOu are right though, everyone is expecting bad news.

4. The company lowered guidance substantially at the end of Nov.

5. Fizber

Fizber

How do these things trade typically the session before an expectedly bad earnings report? Light volume? A tiny upswing? Or will it just follow the market with utter caution?

6. Thats pretty much the way I see it, the bad is already priced in. I think it would take a lot to knock this stock down much more. I bought some today. After earnings I may pick up more.

7. I don't play stocks anymore, even though Palm was very good to me a couple of years back when the treo came out.

Playing earnings is something like playing russian roulette, I can't help you much.

In any case good luck.

=)

(the bad numbers are already priced in, investors will be looking solely at guidance)

8. Fizber

Fizber

What did you get it at? I bought it today as well 14.05 :)

--------------------------
    I guess the more intriguing question is, what is the potential upside?

9. socalpt

socalpt

I'll pick it to go up 2 bucks tomorrow.

10. I got half at 14.16 then the other half at 14.05. Upisde? Short term I think we'd be lucky to see 16. Longer-term, I really dont know... if things start to look brighter for the company though theres a good bit of room to close the gaps between its multiple and its competitors.

#10     Dec 19, 2006