Any thoughts on AMAT and INTC?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by abogdan, Feb 18, 2004.

1. abogdan

abogdan

I'm long both. suicide?:confused:

2. do you really make decisions based in any way upon what others(in this case... strangers) feel... or offer as opinion!

IF so, good luck in the markets :p:p:p

ICe
    :cool:

3. abogdan

abogdan

No, not really. I'm just a little nervous. I'm already long 16000 shares of AMAT and 12000 shares of INTC based on my sentiment gauges. But butterflies are still going in my stomach. So, I was curious whether anybody has any info prior to report. That is all.
    Thanks,

4. If you feel that you are overtrading - trust your feelings and sell some, don't push yourself to the limit :)

5. CalTrader

CalTrader Guest

Probably not but ..... Its usually not a good sign if you are nervous about positions. This usually - but not always - means that you have taken on something outside reasonable risk parameters. Some people however have an extreme talent for discretionary trading built upon years of experience and they are the exception to the rule.

If you are operating within your risk parameters then if the trade doesn't work out its simply a scratch/loss and you move on to the next setup. If you dont have a good handle on how to measure the risk of a given position then its best to not get into it ....... Especially if you are primarily working as a CTO: I know our CTO doesn't - and shouldn't - have time to trade.

6. abogdan

abogdan

Thanks. You are absolutely right. It just the setup was so perfect, I could not resist! I'm also covered with April calls and twice as many April puts. So, i'm some what covered, but still...

7. abogdan

abogdan

Locked it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8. abogdan

abogdan

Vodka by toll glasses!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

9. gms

gms

IMO: I don't see them being the strongest selections. That doesn't mean you won't do well with them, just means I would've passed.

10. Not that bad. You have at least a gain of 12500 bucks in AMAT. Lunch paid for. :)

#10     Feb 19, 2004