Any Techies out there who can help me with this

Discussion in 'App Development' started by Max E., Sep 21, 2017.

1. Max E.

Max E.

Sorry didnt know where to put this, but i figured you guys must be the best at computers. Im barely literate enough to turn my laptop on, but yesterday windows wanted to do some major update, now every time i click on something on the internet it takes 4-5 seconds is there any way to fix this, or reverse these changes other than restoring to a previous date?

Why is it that every time Windows gets "Better" my experience gets "Worse"

2. Robert Morse

Robert Morse Sponsor

What Win version?
    Do you have a lot of enough disk space available?
    How much RAM?
    Have you done a full boot virus scan?

3. Zodiac4u

Zodiac4u

Many times, I just don't do the upgrades when I use my trading computer for fear of exactly what your experiencing. but you can reverse those changes by doing what you suggested. I would try first to do the simple stuff first before you revert back to another date. Use a cleaner to remove clutter and defrag and reboot. But if your download was corrupted than you'll need to bring your computer into a place like Best Buy or something like that and let them fix it? Good luck!

4. dealmaker

dealmaker

vanzandt likes this.
  5. vanzandt

vanzandt

Did you try a restart?
    Remember the chick at IB?:D

6. Max E.

Max E.

LOL, sure do, worst morning of my life, two hours on the phone with a person whose knowledge consisted of "did you try unplugging it and plugging it back in"

Then they pass me to someone who actually knew exactly what he was doing and it still took 2 more hours, the second guy when i got bumped to upper tier actually had me email him my layout then he fixed it so it would only show on one screen just so i wouldnt completely lose my layout, second guy was a saint, he went way over and above to help me and he actually knew a bunch of shit to do on my computer, besides just restarting it.

Its hard to fathom that there is an army of useless people out there working in tech support who get the call first, and their knowledge basically consists of "Try unplugging it and plugging it back in" Then they spend 2 hours debating that process, before they admit they have no fucking idea what they are doing, and hand it off to a person higher on the chain whose an actual techie.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2017
  7. Max E.

Max E.

Windows 10, laptop is 2 years old, you would have to tell me where to go to figure out the specs. Every time windows 10 has forced me to update its just gotten way shittier. Ive done disk defrag, emptied out browsing history, scanned for malware, scanned for viruses, nothing, it literally just shit the bed the second windows forced me to update, it was fine right before it, and just terrible right after.

The worst part is i cant even figure out what the fuck this upgrade did, nothing looks different just my internet runs slow as fuck now, 4-5 second lag every time i click on a page.

8. Max E.

Max E.

I dont upgrade my computer on my main desktop or on my laptop, this one was forced on me when i restarted it yesterday it just started updating it. Im the same as you, i hate computer upgrades, they always throw programs out of whack, especially when i used to trade systems where a bot had to send my orders.

9. Max E.

Max E.

Thx again for all the suggestions guys

10. Overnight

Overnight

On a hunch, temporarily disable your Windows firewall thing. See if the delay goes away when you click while it is off. (I don't use Win 10, just Win 7. This is a reach.)

#10     Sep 21, 2017