Any Tampabay Traders?

Discussion in 'Hook Up' started by Slave2Market, Mar 8, 2012.

1. Wow! Over 1,100 views and yet there are no traders in the area? Sounds like there are either a lot of bored people or maybe the "Views" count is suspect?

#11     Aug 23, 2012
  2. fan27

fan27

I would be interested in a Tampa hook up. Besides trading, I am a software engineer. Was trading full time for about 18 months back in 2003 but got another day gig. Just got back into the markets late last year. Love coding and trading!

fan27

#12     Aug 24, 2012
  3. I'm glad to find a few "Tampanians" of the same interest. Reading a few of your threads made open an account on here. Have any meetings come about?

I was thinking about starting a FB group that allows some more collective interaction.

#13     Aug 27, 2012

4. I'm just below Tampa and have a similar view as you do with regard to isolation. I have been trading since '08, but only full time the last two years. I am self educating, but believe I have pasted the beginner stage. I have developed a few tools over the past two years and have come to adopt a fairly good system based on expectancy.

I would be interested in meeting up and discussing ideas, tools, system development or even just trading some "fishin stories".

PM me if interested.

Thanks,
    J

P.S.-- I have followed this forum for a long time but never signed up until now. I am an active member in another community though.

#14     Sep 5, 2012
    #15     Sep 6, 2012
  6. andy4

andy4

Hi,
    any body trading east if Tampa, I'm in the Lakeland area.

#16     Jan 12, 2014
  7. I think you will find that there are no traders in the Tampabay area and I'm not sure if many remain in all of Florida?

They may need Federal Protection and should probably be placed on the "Endangered Species" list ... right along side the elusive and rarely seen Florida panther.

Of course, there is no shortage of snakes and other invasive species but that's for another thread. :D

#17     Jan 14, 2014
  8. FLfutures

FLfutures

I'll bite. I've been trading the markets, mostly futures, full-time, for my own account, for 30+ years, plus an earlier 10 years before I was able to make money on a regular basis.

Managed as CTA about 20 years ago, using propriety platform and trading systems, with good results. Today I'm an active futures trader, technically oriented, but do not use computerized programs, nor standard indicators, although news, both short-term and more macro have taken a larger role in my trading. (Familiarity, but I am not a programmer.)

I would try to make a meeting on a Saturday afternoon, although some e-mails prior may be useful. (School nights -- aka market nights -- would not work for me.)

#18     Jan 20, 2014
  9. Send me a Private Message (PM) with your e-mail. I've tried to reply via PM but this web-site was changed over the weekend and every attempt I've made results in "Database Error"?

#19     Jan 21, 2014
  10. CenFlo

CenFlo

Go Bucs! New uniforms and all. :)

#20     Mar 3, 2014