any systems that send order as signal generated?

Discussion in 'Automated Trading' started by pv150, Jul 7, 2006.

1. pv150

pv150

I am looking for a system or platform that will execute my order as soon as my signal generates the condition. I use TradeStation now but it will not generate an order if the signal happens within the bar of the specified interval. For example, on a 5 minute bar interval, if a signal is generated, TS waits till the open of the next bar to send the order. That is too long, I want it send immediately. Anyone know what systems can do this?

2. rosy

rosy

does tradestation offer an API? with an api that includes the basics you can do anything.

3. pv150

pv150

can you explain this alittle more? you mean the api will grab the signal even though TS won't generate an order till next bar?

4. rosy

rosy

does trade station let you write a program against it?

you need to get the prices, generate a signal, and then submit an order. most platforms offer an API (application programming interface)

5. pv150

pv150

i am not sure what you mean. I believe TS has an api. I actually had planned to connect TS to anoter order entry system that has an api. ??? If TS has an api are saying that i can nmanipulate when the signal sends an order?

6. tradeProg

tradeProg

schoops, you're absolutely correct. Tradestation 8.1 (the current Tradestation version) supports signal detection and subsequent order generation/execution intra-bar (same bar if necessary).