Any suggestion on Futrue trading?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by jixiang, Jun 5, 2011.

1. jixiang

jixiang

I dont know why my post no appear in journal, so i post it here.
    Here is my future trading journal, I use Pivot Points, it works well last year. but this year it works so bad, from chart you can see, any suggestion on Pivot Points trading time frame or sth. like that.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I dont know why my post no appear in journal, so i post it here.

2. How are you using pivots?

3. jixiang

jixiang

here is my pp rules
    [​IMG]

4. jixiang

jixiang

Here is my pp method:
    [​IMG]

5. Lucias

Lucias

The question I have for you is why in the world should this work?

Essentially it looks like you are trading a breakout method, although you are also fading moves within the non breakout range. You need to develop a better understanding of how your markets work. I suggest you head over to Psychology section and read The Logics. You may also want to message me and I'll send you a link to "My Favorite Edges."

While I won't share my favorite indicators in public, under the premise you are trading breaksouts then you may want to look at some coincident indicators to help you base your decision such as:

Volume
    Time of Day
    Prior x day range
    Order flow (volume at price)

You also would probably want to do some backtesting and optimization to find what types of volatility/levels are getting sold. While such simple methods may be useful when combined with other edges.. I am not surprised that such a method would cease to work.