Any Successfull Traders From CoiledMarkets?

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by version77, Nov 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. <i>"Austin,

If you don't mind me asking - in general:

1) Are your stops always a fixed distance away from your entry or is it variable based on chart and your own methods?

2) How many round-trip do you do per day?

I'm just struggling to trade more than 1 lot per $25,000 of my account value. I remember reading somewhere that you mentioned you trade 1 lot per $5,000."</i>

It's a refreshing break to answer a constructive post rather than toy with perennial trolls who for all anyone knows don't even trade in reality.

1) My initial stops are fixed. For the ES it is -2pts from fill. I worked with variable stops long enough to realize you cannot hide from erratic price action. This afternoon for example I had repeated buy signals near 1419 ~ 1420ish. Before price action went from there to 1432, it first dipped to 1414.50.

What kind of initial stop could we use to avoid getting whacked in the noise? None that are wide enough for that move. We knew upside had the high-odds probability, but getting from A to B before they detoured thru V made it impossible to hold a stop.

These days I trail stops more aggressively on trades that sit still in congestion or refuse to go anywhere. Once a trade begins to work, I try to give it space to run. Much of that is a learned "feel".

2) Trips depend on market action. Today was seven rounds. Some days are fifteen-plus, trend days maybe four or five.

3) I will trade one contract per $5,000 during trend moves in afternoons, and/or when net profitable for the day and clear setups emerge. In today's case, it was just blowing all around both ways. So I backed off the leverage and traded more like one contract per $20k instead.

It's my option to trade less leverage at any time, unless I see directional potential and am net profitable for the day. A series of small holes are easier to dig out of than one big cavern in the equity curve.

The more contracts traded, the less leverage one should use. Blowing out a $5,000 account is a different reality than blowing out $200,000 or more if something catastrophic happens and stops are overrun.

Hope this helps a tad :)

#41     Nov 27, 2007
  2. <i>"He sounded like he was tired of sitting in front of his computer trading every day. He wished he had a system programmed in TS that would do his trades automatically. He also said he would rather have this than a naked lady. I fell over laughing so hard I almost broke my arm...

Imagine having this guy as your mentor."</i>

And your point is, Dano? I still stand by that statement. Why not?

Truth is, I have much more need for a fully automated system that can approach my own trade performance than I ever would some unknown naked lady.

Right now I lack one of those and have plenty of the other. We always desire most that which we lack. Right? Basic human nature.

#42     Nov 27, 2007
  3. darren

darren

I know NY sucks dammit but I stick by them! It gets harder every year. So Austin do you have a website I can look at?

#43     Nov 27, 2007
  4. nkhoi

nkhoi

he does but in his own sneaky way, such as you can't learn trading from ET; such as if you want to really learn, you have to find the expert. it makes you scratch your chin and wonder, "darn, is there any chance I can find the 'expert' he so casually mentions?"

#44     Nov 27, 2007
  5. nkhoi,

You are a moderator and in the best position than any other ET member to send warnings to anyone that directly or indirectly promotes their business here at ET as a non-sponser when they have not been solicited.

Therefore, you as a moderator making such commentary...

Have you warned austinp in the past or recently about such subtle advertising???

Thus, I've always been under the impression when ET members complain about spammers or non-sponsors promoting their service that the offenders were warned and/or banned.

Side Note: Every non-sponsor that advertised at ET I've personally contacted Baron about...he has banned the ET member. Surely, you as a moderator has more weight with Baron when you think someone is being sneaky in advertising???

If not, what exactly do you do after stating openly to all that he does advertise in a sneaky way. :confused:

Simply, to imply he's breaking the rules and do no nothing (assuming he hasn't been warned) makes me wonder about the merits of your personal interpretations.

Last of all, I just quickly used ET search to look up the use of the word expert...

ET moderators need to get busy and send out those warnings because there's a lot of ET members doing the same thing as austinp does.

If you're not up to the task, send me the offensive message posts and I'll personally contact Baron (sarcasm) :D

Mark

#45     Nov 27, 2007
  6. <i>"he does but in his own sneaky way, such as you can't learn trading from ET; such as if you want to really learn, you have to find the expert. it makes you scratch your chin and wonder, "darn, is there any chance I can find the 'expert' he so casually mentions?"</i>

Yes you can. Start with the sponsors who pay for your space here. PureTick and Felton are two that appear to offer extensive details from A to Z. How have they been treated by members in exchange for ad dollars spent here? Have they been given equal protection from flamers that non-sponsor members enjoy in their own dedicated threads?

I've asked this question many times, and it has yet to be answered. Where in ET is there a <b>clean, concise</b> thread which details most everything a skilled trader needs to know?

I'm not talking about hunt & peck for months and years thru a slew of conversational entertainment. I'm asking you nkhoi, where can you direct me and everyone else to a concise, clear and focused thread that covers everything from trade entry selection to mental = emotional control, etc?

Bruce and Daniel asked why I post personal details about myself. Excellent question. Here's the answer.

It is basic human nature to assign god-like images of those who have achieved what we seek to accomplish ourselves. Hero worship, if you will. The mystery factor of profits alluded to but never posted in blotters is blindly believed by many, because many need that to be real.

Why do they need that to be real? So it can foster their own hope of eventual success. That mystery of a ten-foot tall indian, the wizard in oz is what people selling the dream (in here and everywhere) rely upon.

A sale is a transaction between two people. Money is one medium of exchange, but not the most important for some. Many people sell the concept of their achievement = success in exchange for adulation, recognition and praise. For many people out there, it is much more precious than hard currency.

That may be especially so with the USD where it is these days, but I digress.

I make it personal for a reason. To demonstrate that an average person can achieve what others seek to accomplish. There is nothing exceptional about me. Most who meet me are underwhelmed, I'm sure. Is that my fault? Nope. It is merely human nature at work to deify those whom they seek to emulate.

I'm an average guy who sits at his computer each day, just like you. I pull money out of thin air and into trading accounts. That's what I do. Anyone who desires to do the same and works long enough, hard enough can accomplish the same.

Why on earth couldn't they?

You know what the damndest thing is of all? We choose to waste our time going back & forth hashing over nonsense. That's the bane of anonymity on the web. If all of us met for dinner and drinks somewhere, we'd shake hands, exchange names and enjoy each other's company.

By night's end we'd all be friends. We'd all have enjoyed a wonderful evening together. We'd all learn much from each other. But instead, too many people hide behind screen names and act out in ways they never would up front.

Agreed?

My strong suggestion is, quit wasting your time in this thread. Open up your charts and spend time rehashing what went on today. Do that for a few weeks, months or years. Whatever it takes for you to print your own money, too. There is a sea of it out there.

Anything anyone in this forum has ever accomplished can be equaled or bested by you... if you are willing to work long enough, hard enough and learn from all your mistakes that we all have made.

Best Trading Wishes
    AP

#46     Nov 27, 2007
  7. It seems that we have a fellow Vendor crusading for another Vendor....

If I had to guess I would say that Mark ( Nihabashi) markets a vending product somewhere.

You can always tell the vendors because they ramble on and in the end you come up with nothing...

Us real traders can barely spell and put a sentence together...LOL

Why wouldn't a client come to the "aid" of a vendor that has done so many great things for them?

Where are the Austin supporters? I agree with NKHOI...it is very subtle..but crafty....add in the other things and it makes this person extremely unethical...

These salesman spend so much time defending what they sell because it is their means of living. Otherwise they would just let people form their own opinions.....

There is a vendor on Paltalk who lets prospective customers sit in the room for as long as they like. It could be months. Gives you plenty of time to see if the method is for you and if they are profitable over a long period of time. I admire that . Too bad others can't provide any real trading abilities over time.....

Don't ask or email me for the paltalk room as I'm not going down that path...

Holy crap, this is a long response....I guess I better start marketing my ideas for cash....too late , mine are already out there

#47     Nov 27, 2007
  8. <i>"Where are the Austin supporters?"</i>

Where the hell do you think they are? Bruce, are you stupid or just playing dumb?

Who in their right mind is going to step out and say, "Yup, I like the guy and all he has taught me."

What's in it for them? A big hug and pat on the back from you and the OP?

Get friggen real. An honest person wouldn't keep rehashing the same foolish drivel you spew all over these threads.

I don't care if you and/or Daniel trade or not. I don't care if you exist or not. I wish you both well, like I do everyone else. What you hope to accomplish with your incessant blather is hopeless.

Here's the bottom line: as of Saturday I no longer accept new clients. I have a commitment to ALL existing clients for continued support, and they will get all that I have into the future.

Let's revisit this conversation on Sunday when you no longer have a leg to stand on or piss down per this topic. Fair enough?

As for how I make my money, I've proven that enough times in this forum already. You have never once offered a shred of evidence that you ever traded real money. I believe what I see, and no one here at ET has ever seen anything from you.

#48     Nov 27, 2007
  9. volente_00

volente_00

AP, don't stoop to the hater's level. Just keep doing what you do best.

:)

#49     Nov 27, 2007
  10. <i>"AP, don't stoop to the hater's level. Just keep doing what you do best."</i>

vol, always a pleasure hearing from you. I'll be in this forum for a long time, enjoying the company of you and others.

I don't know many things in life, but I know this much: I made money in the ES yesterday. I made money today. I'll make money tomorrow.

That's my job. Everything else falls into place from there :D

#50     Nov 27, 2007
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.